Part 71

Asahi's proposal was a success. Jaehyuk was ecstatic as expected. So he called Junkyu early in the morning the following day.

Junkyu, who was still half asleep, answered his phone groggily.

Jaehyuk: "Junkyu! Thank you so much! Asahi told me that you've helped him with everything."

Junkyu: "I barely did anything. All I did was bring you to the location. Your boyfriend- I mean fiance, was just a nervous wreck and wanted assurance that the choices he made were correct."

Jaehyuk laughed at this. "Still, thank you. You're the best friend I could ever ask for."

"Don't get sappy on me! Save it for your wedding!"

"Alright alright. Anyway, I wanted to ask if you were free later tonight. I want to celebrate."

"Of course!"

"Great! But uhm..." Jaehyuk hesitated.

"But what?"

"Haruto is coming."

Junkyu felt like he got splashed with cold water. He's definitely wide awake now. "Haruto? He's here?"

"Yeah. He came back with Asahi."

"Oh."

"Will you be okay with that?"

Junkyu was silently stunned for a while before forcing a response, "Yeah of course. Why shouldn't I be? It's not like we're exes or anything." Junkyu gave an awkward laugh.

"I'm sorry Kyu. I'll ask Haruto to sit this one out if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

"No no! It's fine. Don't do that. He's Asahi's best friend. I'm sure Asahi will want him there."

"Thanks Kyu. You're an angel."

•♥•♥•♥•

After Jaehyuk hung up the call, Junkyu stared into space for a solid half an hour before snapping out of it. His mind was flooded with memories of Haruto.

No. He shouldn't be thinking of him. Junkyu decided to distract himself by watching a movie.

When the movie was nearing to an end. Junkyu got another call.

It was from an unfamiliar phone number.

"Hello?" Junkyu answered.

"Hello? Junkyu?" The person on the other end of the call spoke. Junkyu froze at the sound of the voice. It's a voice he knows all too well even after all these years.

Junkyu calmed himself down and responded, "Yes?"

"Hey, it's Haruto."

"Oh- Haruto," Junkyu pretended like he didn't recognize his voice.

"So uhm..." Haruto hesitated. "I believe we're having a celebration later for Asahi and Jaehyuk's engagement."

"Yeah, Jaehyuk called me earlier."

"The thing is, I know you may be mad at me for ghosting you when I left. But it's Jae and Sahi's special day. I don't want to make things awkward later..." Haruto trailed off. "So I was wondering if you'd be willing to meet up with me right now so we can try and talk things out."

Junkyu was frozen once more. He definitely did not expect this. He was silent for almost a whole minute before Haruto asked if he was still there.

"Yeah- that's fine with me." Junkyu finally answered.