Part 67

As per usual, Haruto came over Junkyu's house the following morning to wake him up.

Once he was sure Junkyu was awake, he went outside to help Mrs Kim with breakfast.

Junkyu, who was still half asleep, dragged himself to the bathroom to take a shower. When he finished dressing himself he remembered that Haruto was wearing his butterfly beanie. So he took the sunflower beanie and put it on. But then he started wondering whether he should return the sunflower beanie. After all, Haruto did say he was just letting him borrow. But Junkyu felt that it was just an excuse and Haruto meant to buy this for him.

After a moment of internal debate, Junkyu decided to just wear it. If Haruto wants it back, he'll ask for it.

After breakfast, the two of them bid farewell to Mr and Mrs Kyu. When they got to Haruto's car, Junkyu realised that they still don't know what they were doing today.

"So where are we going?" Junkyu asked.

"Is there any place you've been wanting to go to or visit?"

"Uh, I guess we can go to N district's N street?" Junkyu suggested. "I heard there's various shops that are hot right now."

"Sounds good to me." Haruto agreed. "Put the address in the GPS."

•♥•♥•♥•

As Junkyu and Haruto roamed around N street, they stumbled upon a bead shop. The shop offers tools and materials for them to make various beaded items such as bracelets, necklaces, earrings, frames and others.

"Oh I think this is the place where Doyoung and Mashi made their bracelets!" Junkyu said. "Can we try it?".

"Sure." Haruto agreed and the two of them got briefed by the staff.

"What do you want to make?"

"Probably a bracelet too." Junkyu responded as he carefully selected the beads that he was going to use.

Haruto noticed that Junkyu chose the beads that spell his name. "You're making it for me?"

"Hey no peeking!" Junkyu covered his beads. 

Haruto just chuckled but decided to make Junkyu a bracelet as well. He also searched the alphabet beads to spell Junkyu's name.

Junkyu was quiet throughout the process. He was too focused on making the perfect bracelet. Whenever Haruto tried to make small talk, Junkyu would shut him down with a, "Shh don't distract me."

When he finished, he proudly gave it to Haruto, who already finished making his ages ago.

Haruto looked at the 'bracelet' that Junkyu made. It was made out of butterflies and black beads. It looked good actually. But it was way too large to be a bracelet. "Uhh, Junkyu you do know bracelets are supposed to go around the wrist right?"

"I know. The pattern I made was too long so I turned it into a necklace instead."

"Ahh." Haruto nodded and put the necklace on. He then took his phone out and checked how the necklace looks on him on the camera. "I like it. Looks good on me," Haruto gave a satisfied nod. "Thanks."

"Here's yours," Haruto gave Junkyu the bracelet he made. It consisted of flowers and bright coloured beads. It matched Junkyu's personality perfectly. Junkyu also finds it quite cute.

He thanked Haruto and put on the bracelet. He then took some photos of it on his wrist. "Let me take a picture of yours too."

Haruto just let Junkyu do as he pleased.

•♥•♥•♥•

Haruto and Junkyu had a jam-packed day. After making bracelets, they went for lunch. Afterwards, Haruto drove them to the outlook at Jaecheon where Junkyu first took him. They played around and basked in the sun until it went down.

The day was almost perfect. Almost.

"Thank you for today Haruto. I had a lot of fun," Junkyu said as they arrived in front of his house.

"Me too." Haruto gave a sad smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Junkyu said as he prepared to get out of the car.

"Junkyu." Haruto called out.

Junkyu paused and turned around. "Yes? What's up?"

"I'm going back to Japan tomorrow."

"What?" Junkyu felt like his heart just dropped. "Weren't you supposed to stay till the end of the semester?"

"I have pressing matters to attend to in Japan."

"Oh." Was all Junkyu said.

There was a moment of silence before Junkyu finally spoke again, "Will you come back?"

"I'm not sure."

By this point Junkyu felt like his heart was being hammered to the ground. It was getting hard to breathe.

"So does that mean this is goodbye?"

"Yes."

Junkyu turned back around. He tried his best to hold his tears back. But the moment he heard Haruto's answer, his tears just fell. "What time is your flight tomorrow?" Junkyu asked. Traces of his sadness were laced within his voice. "I'll see you off."

"Don't." Haruto said. "Don't see me off."

Junkyu wanted to ask why, but he couldn't trust his voice to sound stable.

"If you're there it will be harder for me to leave," Haruto said, as if he knew what Junkyu wanted to ask.

"Kyu, look at me."

Junkyu wiped his tears and slowly turned to face Haruto.

"Remember to sleep on time and wake up early so that you can eat breakfast." Haruto gave Junkyu a soft and sad smile. "And keep the beanie for me. It looks better on you anyway."

Haruto patted Junkyu's head. "You take care of yourself okay?"

Junkyu nodded and his tears started falling from his eyes once more.

Haruto's phone made a ding sound. It was Mrs Kim asking when they'd be home. "It's your mom. She's wondering when you'll be home. You should probably go now."

Junkyu shook his head. He didn't want to leave.

"Junkyu, you should go, your mom will get worried."

"No."

"Junkyu please?" Haruto pleaded. "Don't make this harder for both of us."

Junkyu wanted to protest further but he knew Haruto was right. So he turned around and got out of the car without looking back.

Just like that, Haruto and Junkyu parted ways without actually saying goodbye.