Part 40

Over the weekend, Junkyu and Haruto decided to meet up and plan for Yuta's birthweek.

"What are we supposed to do?"

"Well last year I got him a date with a girl he's been hitting on for three months." Every year, Yuta's birthweek makes Haruto's head hurt. If Yuta wasn't satisfied with what he did for the day he was assigned, he'd make Haruto do it again the following week. At first Haruto told him to suck it up, but Yuta raised hell and sulked to no end which made Haruto's head hurt even more. Since then, Haruto took Yuta's birthweek seriously so that it can be over and done with in one go. "This year, I was thinking I could hire a bunch of people to follow him on twitter because he's so desperate for followers."

"That's it?" Junkyu was skeptical. "Shouldn't we do something more special for him?"

"Trust me, if we do it right, he'll like our surprise the most." Haruto gave Junkyu a reassuring smile. "I already hired someone to organise the bots and followers to follow him and like his posts."

"But won't he be upset if he finds out that his followers are fake?"

"Yuta may be childish but he's not stupid. He knows how the world works. He's even paid for followers before. If a surge of followers appeared on his birth week, he'll know they're fake." Haruto explained. "The trick is not to make him believe that it's real, but to make the general public think that it's real."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Yuta just likes showing off. So if we make the students of Seoul university believe that his surge of followers are real, then he will be just  as happy because people will be jealous of him."

"Oh I get it." Yuta is such an interesting guy.

"So this is where I need your help. We need to find girls in soul university who are willing to be a part of the Yuta fan club. We'd pay them if we have to, but it would be better if we find girls who genuinely likes Yuta. I'm sure he has his own admirers within the university. And then on Monday of his birthweek, we'll make the girls in his fanclub hold a surprise for him for all of Seoul uni to see."

"Oh I see, and his fanclub will justify the surge of followers." Junkyu quickly understood Haruto's plan. "Alright, I'll find Yuta fanclub members."

"Now that we got that settled. Do you have a suit for the cocktail party?" Haruto asked Junkyu.

"Uh no..."

"Then let's go."

•♥•♥•♥•

Haruto brought Junkyu to a branded suit store. Just by the looks of it, Junkyu can already tell that he would not be able to afford a single piece of clothing from this store. True enough, when he looked at one of the price tags, his heart dropped.

"Haruto..." Junkyo softly nudged Haruto who was too busy scanning through the suits on display.

"What is it?"

"These suits are a little too pricy... I can't afford them. Can't we go to a cheaper store?"

"Don't worry about it, it's my treat."

"But Haruto..."

"There will be rich brats that we don't know attending the party. If we don't want to be targeted by them, we need to dress to impress." Haruto explained. "Just humor me this time please?"

Junkyu eventually caved in.

"Thank you." Haruto softly smiled. "Now come help me pick a suit, and I'll pick one for you."

Haruto tried on the suit that Junkyu picked for him. When he came out of the dressing room, Junkyu was stunned. He didn't think that Haruto could look any better but he was obviously wrong. Haruto in a suit is earth shaking.

"What do you think?" Haruto asked Junkyu.

"Uh, it looks good on you."

"I think so too. You have good taste." Haruto looked at himself in the mirror once more before making Junkyu try on his suit.

When Junkyu finished getting dressed and came out, Haruto noticed that he didn't wear the tie that he chose for him.

"Why don't you wear the tie? You don't like it?" Haruto asked.

"I don't know how to tie it," Junkyu mumbled in embarrassment.

Haruto chuckled and took the tie from Junkyu's hands. "Here, let me help you."

Junkyu froze as Haruto stood in front of him and looped the tie around his neck. They were only a couple of centimeters apart. Haruto was trying to demonstrate how to tie but Junkyu couldn't hear a thing. All he could hear was the sound of his own heart pounding like crazy.

"Junkyu-" Haruto called out once more. "Did you get it?"

Junkyu finally snapped out of his daze. "Oh, uh no."

"That's fine, I'll help you do it again next time till you get used to it yourself."

There's a nextime!?!