Part 64

Junkyu could not sleep properly. So the following morning, he was up and ready early. This surprised Haruto who came in his room to wake him up.

"You've had breakfast?"

Junkyu shook his head.

"Then go eat your mom's cooking." Haruto said. "We have time."

"Okay," Junkyu agreed. He feels slightly awkward. Haruto seems cold. Typically Haruto would greet him goodmorning first and would often smile at him. But today, Junkyu did not get any of that.

The ride to uni was dead silent. Both of them did not utter a single word. The past couple of weeks, since Junkyu was feeling depressed, it was Haruto who initiated and led their conversations. However, Haruto was silent. Even when he walked Junkyu to class Haruto did not say anything.

"I'll be heading in now." Junkyu said as they arrived in front of his classroom.

Haruto still did not say anything and just waited for Junkyu to walk in as always before leaving.

Haruto is not a man of many words. So his silence is not so much of an issue. He was always warm and gentle towards Junkyu through his actions and expressions. Junkyu always felt that. But the Haruto today had no signs of warmth or gentleness. Even though he did the same things that he always did, his face was stone cold and his body language seemed like he was just doing everything out of obligation. It was like he didn't care about him anymore. Just this thought alone made Junkyu feel like he's suffocating.

After his class, Haruto was waiting for him outside as always.

"Hey," Junkyu greeted.

"Let's go." Haruto said.

Junkyu almost shivered from how cold Haruto was acting.

When they got in the car, the atmosphere was quite tense. Junkyu finally couldn't take it anymore and asked Haruto if he was mad at him.

"Yes," Was all Haruto said. He didn't elaborate further.

"Is it because of what I said that day?"

"It's because of what you've been thinking and how you've been acting." Haruto said. "Everyone was doing their best to keep you safe. All the while you've been thinking about surrendering yourself."

"It was the only way I can keep my family safe, Haruto."

"There's plenty of ways to keep your family safe. You just won't listen because you're hell bent on your own way." Haruto mumbled under his breath.

•♥•♥•♥•

At night, Jihoon came over Junkyu's house.

"Why'd you come over all of a sudden?"

"I came to check up on you." Jihon answered. "I heard you and Haruto are having a lover's spat."

Junkyu rolled his eyes. "He's mad at me for wanting to protect my family."

"From what I heard he's mad at you for being stupid."

Junkyu glared at Jihoon.

"What? It's the truth. What dumbass would trust a gang leader's words?"

"Seriously?" Junkyu was getting annoyed.

"Honestly I'm pretty annoyed at you too for even thinking of those things." Jihoon sighed. "But seeing as Haruto is already giving you the cold shoulder I decided to be the doting friend this time."

"Here," Jihoon handed Junkyu a folder.

"What is this?"

"While you were being all moody and depressed the past few weeks. The rest of us were making contingency plans. These are some of the ideas we came up with to keep you and your family safe." Jihoon said.

Junkyu was so touched that tears started to build up in his eyes.

"We're not just your friends Junkyu. We're your family too. There's no way in hell we'd let that bastard get you." Jihoon said. "So you can imagine our frustration when Haruto told us that after all of this, you were planning to just surrender yourself to that bastard."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"We wanted to. But you were acting so lifeless that we thought you got traumatised so we didn't want you stressing over it."

And just like that, Junkyu bursted out crying. As he was crying he started blabbing out all the frustration he pent up inside.

The two of them talked the whole night.