Part 48:

Lucas

I stared at Josephine as she slept soundly on my chest I smiled to myself if I could stay here and watch her all day and night I would she was so beautiful. My phone began going off and I sighed and moved gently trying not to wake jo and grabbed my phone off the night stand, to see Nicky at my front door I tried to gently move Josephine but she held onto me tighter and I chuckled.

"I gotta get the door mamas." I whispered in her ear and she mumbled and got off of me falling back to sleep I got up and kissed her head I went into the bathroom and did some hygiene things and threw on a sweatshirt and jogged downstairs and unlocked my door and Nicole walked inside.

"Lucas." she sniffed.

"what's wrong." I said as I closed the door and rubbed my eyes.

"Is she really alive?" she asked me and I sighed.

"Joy?" I asked and she nodded. "yeah Nicole she's alive." I said and tears streamed down her face.

"our marriage is going to fall apart." she mumbled as she wiped her tears.

"no it aint Nicky." I said.

"yes it is Lucas!" she snapped and I looked around and grabbed her arm.

"listen shut up everyone is sleeping." I said through clenched teeth and she snatched back from me.

"no you listen how could you not kill her?!" she asked and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"the fuck are you talking about nicole? this is joy we are talking about." I said while mugging.

"yes the same bitch who happens to comes back from the dead right when gigi exposes her plan! your not thinking joy is behind all of this." She said as she crossed her arms and I scoffed.

"I can't believe this.. you acting real jealous and selfish right now you slept with that damn girl fiancé Nicole if she wanted to do sum shit she would've been did it especially to you and Cortez because yall dead ass wrong for that trifling ass shit." I snapped and she slapped me.

"Lucas?" Josephine said before I could grab Nicole I sighed and put my hand over my face.

"no please join us jo." Nicole said.

"what's going on?" she asked.

"as you know joy is alive.. Nicole thinks she's the mastermind behind everything." I said and jo laughed.

"no Nicole I know joy she wouldn't do all those things." she said and I rubbed jospephine's shoulder.

"and that's where your wrong. joy could've prevented a lot of things that has happened if she was a real friend she would've stopped Lucas from getting shot, toine from getting shot, and Lucas from going to jail for eighteen years she's the opp and yall are to dumb to see it." she mumbled and walked out of the house slamming the door and Josephine gave me a yikes face.

"she's just trippin because she thinks Cortez is going to leave her now." I sad shaking my head and she pecked my lips and smiled.

"it doesn't matter none of them do were engaged now." she said with a bright smile and I laughed and grabbed her hand.

"finally." I said and she laughed also.

'it took eighteen years for you to finally commit to me?" she said jokingly.

"nah I was always committed to you I just finally made it official." I said moving a curl out of her face and she nodded.

"where is she?" she asked.