Part 32 :

Toine

I unlocked my locker and stuffed my books in my locker I'm bout sick of school can't wait til I graduate .

"Toine ." Melanie said and I sighed and turned around and faced her .

"what I tell you about talking to me in public ." I said as I looked around .

"this is important, Toine ." she said as she grabbed my arm .

"what? what is so important damn ." I said annoyed .

"our parents have been lying to us we have a whole other family out there ." she said and I laughed and walked away and she followed me . "Toine this isn't funny listen to me ." she said as she jumped in front of me .

"mel why do you get so worked up about this family shit? if they keep it from us it's probably for a good reason , you keep searching your gonna find exactly what your looking for and you gon be looking stupid . " I said .

"you wanna live with a family full of lies that's fine but you should know you have an aunt and a cousin out there ." she snapped as she hit me with a zip lock bag she walked away and I picked the zip lock bag up and opened it and took out some pictures one of my mama and a pregnant lady who was just as beautiful as she is and another of my dad and uncle and another light skin man . I put them back in the zip lock bag and threw them in the trash .

                                                ***

Cortez

"you can't be mad at her ." I said as I played with my drink .

"why can't I ?" Pryce snapped .

"we betrayed her I wouldn't trust us either ." I mumbled.

"ay you forgetting what Lucas did ?" he asked as he got up .

"no our beef was with Lucas not jo we should have did something else ." I snapped .

"Where all this coming from because when we were free from him you was all smiles ."

"Kingston and Honor are grown up , they had to grow up by there selves ." I said .

"honor wasn't our fault you know who was responsible for terrance's death ."

"It doesn't matter we destroyed our family ." I said .

"maybe Lucas should beat yo ass again knock some sense into it ." he said as he began walking away .

"why can't you fucking admit it ! We fucked up we were-

"LUCAS TRIED TO KILL US !" he yelled as he turned around . "how come he the saint ?! we defended ourselves what he expected us to do? wait on him ? I'm done being walked over by everyone I deserve happiness! I put everybody first but the one time I put myself first I'm the bad guy huh?!" he yelled as his voice cracked .

"P-

"No y'all treated me like shit ." he said .

"we didn't think you cared." I said and he scoffed .

"I don't , you can feel guilty all you want but I don't i was always there for everyone I made sure everybody was straight when it came down to me nobody was no where to be found fuck Lucas and fuck you ." he snapped and walked away while slamming the door . I sat down and put my hands over my face and sighed and looked at my phone .

"let's hope what you said was right jo I'm countin on it ." I mumbled as I dialed a number .

                                                 ***