Part 34:

Kingston

My mama unlocked the door and we walked inside .

"looks exactly how we left it ." Honor mumbled.

"that's a good thing , it means I don't have to pay for a hotel ." She said  as she closed and locked the door . "I'm gonna take a quick shower then we'll go to your parents house and talk sense into them ." she said as she rubbed Melanie and Trell's back . I sat on the sofa and looked around I remembered little things about Georgia not a lot though.

"you okay ?" Lesi asked me

"I'm nervous ." I whispered.

"nervous for what ?" she asked as she sat next to me .

"what if he don't want me , what if i'm not how he imagined me to be you know ." I said as I played with my hands .

"bubba , your perfectly fine he'd be dumb not to be proud of the man you've become ." she said and I nodded .

"what about our aunts and uncle's ? They not gonna want us here ." I said as I looked at our cousins .

"stick with me and I'll keep you safe , I won't let them hurt you ." she said as she put her arm around me . Honor was another mother figure in my life she's my sister . When my mom was at work she was there taking care of me well she tried I'm a handful . She's in college studying women studies . She's always been independent she don't even look at nigga's . She says she's not interested but deep down it's her daddy issues and she knows it .

"shit my moms gonna kill me ." Toine said .

"So what are you gonna do when you see her ?" Melanie asked .

"Hug her the fuck ." Toine said while mugging .

" chill ." Trell said .

"your literally the dumbest nigga ever ." Melanie mumbled.

"why are you worried about my life? She's my mama and she worried about me. Ain't nobody mad at the world like you ." Toine said

"how long are you gonna defend our parents? what they did-

"exactly what they did . We aren't the adults and this ain't our business this drama is between them and jo ." He said while looking at us . "no offense king and lesi ." he mumbled.

"it's all good ." I said waving them off .

"Yeah it might have nothing to do with us but they kept it a secret ." Melanie said .

" whatever Mel , you deal with your shit your way I'll deal with it my way ." He said .

"y'all needa chill, Mel your right they kept it a secret , and tee you right too we didn't do anything wrong our parents mistakes shouldn't define us , y'all bein real rude sayin all this shit in front of them ," trell said .

I paid attention to them . None of them are that close. Melanie puts everybody's problems on her and it stresses her out . Toine is protective over the people he love he's loyal he'd do anything for the people he care about . Trell is a dad he keeps everybody in check he cares about other people's feelings he cares for people even for the ones he doesn't know .

"cmon king." Lesi said while standing at the door .

***

We pulled up at a big ass mansion and my mama sighed .

"who house is this ?" I asked .

"mines ." Toine said .

"actually your grand parents , i'm guessing Noel didn't tell you about that either ." My mama mumbled and I laughed quietly while looking at her . We got out of the car and walked to the door and Toine unlocked the door and we walked inside .