2 day until the wedding

Lucas

"This ain't good." Pryce said while scratching his head and I clenched my jaw as I looked at my entire venue that was destroyed.

"They some haters for real." Cortez said as he stepped over some of the destroyed things and all I could do was take a deep breath. Since we got that threat at the restaurant Josephine's parents ain't been trying to be discreet about what they want and it's clearly for us to be dead.

"Don't tell Jo about any of this I have to call the planner and figure this shit out." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry you going through this nigga but I think you should be worried... There ain't a trace of these folks none in hotels or nun they've planned this shit out perfectly." Pryce said and I pulled out a chair and rested my face in my hands.

"Lucas we ain't trying to knock you for real we want you to marry Jo we've watched y'all fall in and out of love for years man.. But this shit is getting dangerous for everybody involved these folks ain't letting up until you and Josephine are dead." Cortez said as I felt him stand beside me, I looked up from my hands and Pryce sat beside me.

"Ya'll need to go home where our people and allies can protect you we don't got enough people here to secure this big fancy wedding ya'll want and honestly we just got back cool again I'm not trying to lose ya'll man." Pryce said while playing with his hands and I looked at Cortez and he nods agreeing.

"You won't lose us..I'm not canceling this wedding this is Jo's dream she deserves this shit we'll figure this shit out together right?" I asked as I looked at them both and they nod.

"Whatever you want." Cortez says.

                                        ***

I unlock the door it's one in the morning me and the boys was out looking for anything that could help us find them and end this but there's nothing it's like they are a thousands steps ahead of me and every move I make they move farther. I walked inside our room and here the door next door open also so alerted I hurry up and go out the door only seeing King trying to sneak back into his room.

"Boy where you been at?" I asked and he sucked his teeth in letting go of the door handle.

"I was out with Jamar." He says leaning on the door.

"Look you know I'm not the one to be strict and shit but bubba it's important you don't go out without security especially right now man ." I say sighing.

"Dad what's going on? Moms been sad ever since the restaurant, Lesi been attached to her hip more than usual, and you promised family time this whole trip but been coming in late I thought you wasn't working?" King said disappointed.

"Kingston everything I'm doing is to ensure we still have moments like this you just got to trust me that I'm doing what I need to, to protect everyone."

"Bullshit. You told me it was going to be different this time around.. You still the same Lucas." He mumbled as he opens his door and storms inside and I shut my eyes.

"Shit." I curse under my breath, I walk inside my room and take my shoes and shirt off and climb into bed and Josephine is in one of my shirts and a bonnet and I smile and wrap my arms around her and kiss her cheek gently trying to wake her.

"Is everything okay?" She mumbles snuggling into me.

"Yes Jo." I whisper rubbing her thigh.

"Are we gonna be okay?" She whispers not facing me and I'm glad I don't think I can lie to her in her face but I can behind her back because I'm protecting her peace.

"Yes Jo." I mumble shutting my eyes.

                                           ***

"I like this sweater." Lesi compliments.

"Girl we been shopping for hours hurry up." I rush as I hold all of her bags, I decided to take Lesi out this morning anywhere she wanted to go and of course she wanted to go shopping and have lunch.

"Lucas this will be the last store promise." She says as she shops some more a good hour later we finally settled down at this small sandwich place that was alright I was missing American food more than ever I could go for a good ole double bacon cheese burger for real.

"Hello?" Lesi asked sitting down her bitten sandwich.

"What?" I asked.

"How long your goons are gonna follow us around?" She asked referring to security.

"Until we go back home." I shrug.

"So why do Jo's parents hate her so much?"She asked curiously and I raised my eye brow. "Yeah she told me but she specifically told me not to tell King so don't worry." she assures me and I sigh.

"I don't know I think they're just crazy honestly." I say shaking my head and she chuckles.

"I can't wait for the wedding." Honor said smiling and I smiled also.

"Me too man." I said shaking my head grinning.

"I know you guys have a lot on your plate at the moment but I want you to know I asked Jo when we get back I want you guys to adopt me.. I hope your okay with that?" She asked and I laughed and grabbed her hand.

"You know you've always been my little girl I would love to officially be your dad Honor." I said and she smiled and wiped her cheek with the tears falling and she got up and hugged me tightly and I hugged her back and I wiped my tears also this was a special moment for me this is all I wanted a family and it hurts me that people want to ruin this.

"I love you so much Lucas." She mumbles still hugging me.

"I love you too baby." I say back.

                                          ***

Me and Honor laugh as we walk down the hallway as I was holding all off her bags because she was complaining how tired she was.

bullshit.

"You don't even know what love is man!" I hear Kingston yell and I rush into our room along with Honor.

"Kingston Kyrie watch your tone right now." Josephine snaps.

"We were perfectly fine without this man ma why the fuck you still dealing with his bullshit." He mugs.

"Bubba what are you talking about?" Lesi asks confused.

"Don't act like you don't know Honor" He snaps. "Lucas cheating on mama again." he says while looking at me and I sigh. I thought our conversation last night was over and done with but I guess not.

"King stop all that yelling boy I'm not cheating on your mom." I say annoyed.

"Then what is the secret?" He asks.

"King we are protecting you, what is going on doesn't concern you at all." Josephine sighs.

"The hell it don't I'm out if you think ima be in this bullshit ass wedding you got life fucked up for real." Kingston says and walks past me but I grab his wrist.

"Lucas." Josephine warns, and we both look at each other before he snatches away and walk out the room slamming the door.

"Why can't we just tell him." Honor whispers.

"I just want him to have his innocence that's all I wanted." Jo says as she shakes her head and walks out of the room and I run my hand down my face.

                                             ***
two more chapters baby's