Part 51:

Melanie

"Are dresses suppose to feel like this?" I asked as honor soothed it out.

"yes you look pretty melly." honor said as she took a step back and i rolled my eyes and she laughed .

"sage is your color it brings out your skin tone." She said as she helped me down off the stool we walked in front of the big mirror and I properly looked at myself and honor sighed . "we can moisturize your curls let it hang down your back you'll be beautiful in paris." she whispered as she hugged me from behind and I did a small smile as I grabbed her hand .

"y'all gonna make me cry." Aunt Jo said from behind us and we turned around .

"jo what do you think about the color?" Honor asked .

"I love it baby you really picked out the best theme." she said while caressing her shoulder . "And you my precious you look beautiful." she said and hugged me and I laughed .

"y'all dramatic." I said while trying to breathe and she let go of me .

"We're just so proud of you Mel ." she said as she teared up and I nodded things have gotten better for me these last few weeks my parents aren't completely there but my brother and family have been a great help with my recovery and I love that I feel better .

"alright come on let's take this off." Honor said .

"yo who wanna take me to practice ? " Kingston said as he jogged downstairs.

"shit I forgot bubba where's dad?" jo asked .

"trap." honor said unzipping me.

"I go into work in like a hour I won't make it ." she said while checking her watch.

"It's fine I'll take him help melanie out of the dress?" honor said and I walked over to jo .

"wassup mel." Kingston said as he gave me hug .

"hey bubby." I replied as I returned the gesture .

"how ya doing?" he asked as he gave me a serious expression.

"I'm fine I am." I said assuring him and he nodded .

"cmon let's get your sorry ass to practice." Honor said as she grabbed her keys and he sucked his teeth in .

"ight I'll see y'all later." He replied as they walked out the door . I grabbed my shorts and slipped it under my dress and carefully took the dress off and handed it to jo .

"thank you ." she said and put into the bag and zipped it up . "how's mason?" she asked as I put my sweatshirt on .

"I don't know I haven't talked to him lately." I shrugged trying not to think of him.

"why I thought you two really liked each other ?" she asked as she sat down.

"Me too but sometimes he just shuts me out for days sometimes weeks it depends I think I'm just gonna move on he clearly doesn't want me." I said while sighing .

"Mel..maybe you should try talking to him talking goes a long way take it from me." she suggested.

"I don't know I like him a lot and he was there for me when I was going through my situation but I feel like that what we had before was gone." I said while sighing and she chuckled and put her arm around me and pulled me close .

"young love y'all so innocent..just live in the moment everything will play out." she said and I nodded and laid my head on her shoulder. 

                                         ***

Joy

I sighed as cortez played in my hair while rubbing circles into my back .

"you okay?" he asked .

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"no you not." he said while shaking his head and I sighed and got up from under him and got into his lap and he placed his hands on my waist .

"this feels so right but it's wrong." I said and he intertwined his fingers with mine.

"I know baby." he said while caressing my cheek .

"even with how much I envy nicole I still feel bad." I said while sighing .

"I know and this is all my fault..if I would've believed you the moment you said xae didn't do it none of this would've happened we would've been married and had kids probably." he said with a small smile and I laughed lightly .

"xae was our son he was our kid." I whispered and he nodded.

"I miss him..that's why I'm failing trell and mel I'm so scared I'll let them down like I let xae down." Cortez replied as he he closed his eyes and I leaned in and pecked his lips and he deepened the kiss and we just looked at each other for awhile just wanting to stay in this moment forever..but reality set in we can't hurt anybody else no more than they already are .

"this is real all of it." I said as tears began filling my eyes and he nodded as his did the same. 

"I feel like this is me losing you again." he said  as tear fell down his cheek and my heart ached seeing him cry cortez never cries.. his father did not allow it he was never allowed to be vulnerable.

"no it isn't it's just..us getting our proper goodbye babe." I said as I wiped his tears .

"no matter what happens I love you joy we're just not meant to be in this lifetime." he said and I nodded as I held his face gently never wanting to let go of him again.

"this isn't goodbye alright we'll be together again but until then.." I said and held my hand up so he could see our engagement ring and he laughed making me cry of laughter also . "you'll always be with me I won't be with anyone else that's my vow." I said and he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"and I vow to you no matter how far apart we grow in the back of my mind you'll always be right there for me i'll never stop loving you and I'm sorry for breaking your heart you didn't deserve it you didn't deserve any of it but I know deep down we are gonna be together in the afterlife it's a guarantee." he whispered and I nodded and pecked his lips even though both of our tears were in the way we didn't care he wrapped his arms around me and I did the same..cortez is the love of my life but he has a family that needs him more than me and I have to understand that he's being the man I wanted him to be and I'm fine with if that's how we were going to leave things.

                                         ***

Cortez and joy 4L . ❤️ but they can't be tg he gotta family or w.e y'all ready for the wedding y'all gonna cry .