Part 40:

Trell

I walked downstairs and my mom was standing in the kitchen making coffee while Mel ate her food . She looked at me and quickly looked down and I rolled my eyes .

"Wasssup ma." I said and kissed her head.

"hey baby ." she said and I put some eggs on a plate and sat next to Mel.

"so me and your dad are going to Birmingham to visit grandma we'll be back in two days , no parties and don't burn the house down again ." she said while looking at me and she walked upstairs

"damn a nigga burn the house down one time and they hold it against you ." I said as I stuffed some eggs in my mouth and Melanie got up put her dish in the sink.

"How do you expect me to cover for you when you ain't even acting normal." I said and she sighed .

"I don't need you covering for me see all better ." she mumbled as she showed me her arm .

"it isn't better Melanie you need help this isn't normal ." I said while semi yelling .

"and what is normal in this family ? forget about it mom and dad wouldn't even care if I died anyways I'm pretty sure I'd be doing you a favor you've always been the golden boy of the family ." she said while smirking and I got up and grabbed her arm .

"Melanie this is serious this is your life not a game ." I snapped and she snatched from me .

"stay out of my business trell im fine ." she said and ran upstairs .

                                             ***

Nicole

"Cortez I've been waiting for over an hour hurry yo ass up ." I said and hung up the phone and put it down and sighed .

"he's not coming ." Lucas said from behind me and I jumped and turned around .

"Lucas I was wondering when you'd show up and cause me misery ." I said sarcastically and he chuckled.

"ah you've been stressed." He said with a small smile .

"you can tell ." I said while sighing .

"yeah the bags under your eyes are as big as pillows baby sister ." he said while smirking and I clenched my jaw and grabbed his wrist and cuffed his feet with my left foot causing him to fall back .

"what the hell did you do ." I said through gritted teeth as I pinned him on the ground .

"damn what the hell you been drinking ." He said while wincing .

"where is Tez." I said .

"get off me and I'll tell you ." he said and I rolled my eyes and stood up and Lucas got up and brushed himself off and scoffed

"where you learn that from ." he said as he cracked his neck .

"after you poisoned and kidnapped me I thought it was necessary to know how to defend myself you know ." I said .

"I wouldn't call it kidnap ." he shrugged .

"Lucas what do you want ." I said .