Rough night

Two days has passed ever since the encounter with fizzarolli. After having an average day of fun, work, and more talk of demons on the internet. The entire foster family immediately settled in their bedrooms to get ready to sleep. Adam went to his bed to lay down after finishing brushing his teeth. He look to his left to catch a view of a full moon. Shining from his window. He looked outside, pondered, thought about what robo fizzarolli said to him. Thinking whether or not if he's actually right? What if he gets back to hell for the third time? For more torture he had to endure? Bad memories coming back to haunt him yet again? Adam sat and kept thinking more questions. But one still remains for him. Why is nergal out for adam? That adam can't figure out. 

Then adam got tired, and starts to fall asleep, thought going to sleep would help him relax for the night. That's what he thought. Adam's eyes open when he heard laughter, children laughter. He gets up to see he's somewhere different. Everything around him is pitch black, then he finds some sort of tent. And finds a sign with a poster. Adam's eyes went wide in surprise when he saw the very robo fizz on the poster. Adam has a feeling where he could be in the tent. 

So he reluctantly enters the tent. And finds himself inside a tent filled with imp children's. They were cheering, laughing in joy, and others just sat and watch. Adam looked to see the same robot fizzarolli and the other ones behind him. He sees the sign above them saying: fizzarolli n' friends. It started to creep adam out hearing this unsettling laughter. A slow motion laugh that manages to be creepy. Then a crying can be heard. Adam looked from one angle, and another. And finally he finds the source. He sees a little owl crying. 

Adam can't help but feel bad for her, but he starts to notice something about her. "Hold on a minute." "Where have I seen her before?" Before adam could think, his arm suddenly gets grabbed. Adam turns around to see some sort of shadow. A shadow with red eyes. 

"Do you remember?" He said in a scary voice. "Remember what?" Adam replied. "The time you were also scared of clowns?" Adam saw the tent around him is gone, and hears a voice all too familiar. "Look at this picture adam, gaze into this picture." Adam hears this voice that he knows. "No!" "No I won't!" Adam hears that child's voice. He sees himself, as a kid. Adam now sees where this was going, remembering the bad times at the orphanage. Because of that elderly man. And the time he can't stand the picture of the clown, but that picture he showed. Was the black painting of a scary clown. He don't mind clowns, but the picture is what scared him as a kid. "What is wrong with you?" "Its just a picture, its not coming to life." "Your pathetic." Adam watched as his kid self getting lectured by this guy. The more he watches the more fear he feels. 

"That's right, let the fear take you." "And once it does." Adam gets grabbed again, only this time. Both his arms is under the shadow's grip. "I will have what I'm looking for." "Your soul, and your scale of balance!"  Adam sees the shadowy fog trying to cover adam completely. Adam tries to struggle to get free, but it was no use. The shadowy fog is halfway to completely cover adam entirely. Adam thought this is it for him. Not sure if he will wake from this nightmare. "Leave him alone." Adam turns to the voice, and it came from the very little owl girl he saw in the tent. "What the?" "Something is not right." The shadow figure said. 

"I said, get the fuck off of him!" She said, but her voice tone changed from a kid, to a teen all of a sudden. Creating some sort of a shockwave, blasting the shadowy figure. When the fog disappeared adam fell on the ground and hit his head. When it did, adam found himself woken up. He gasped for air as he breathed in and out slowly. He placed his hand on his head and felt a sweat from his forehead. He felt hot, probably the fact he forget that his ceiling fan stopped working. Or maybe whatever happened in his dream felt real, almost too real. 

Adam decided the only solution would be to go to his bathroom, and turn on the shower in his shorts. Trying to balance the temperature between cold and hot. He sat in there for a few minutes thinking about what happened in that dream while at the same time the memories of his days in the orphanage comes back. 

Flashback, seven years ago 

Adam is on his bed looking at the bright full moon from behind his bed. Mrs. Dawn, entered the room. Seeing adam is not asleep. She sat down on his bed beside him. "Trouble sleeping?"
Adam turned around to see Mrs. Dawn. But he hesitated to answer. "Its ok if you are." "Everyone, and even us adults would have a hard time trying to sleep." "Because of something we can't stop thinking about." "Something we need to get things done in time, or if its something we feared." "And I can see your time with that guy didn't work out for ya huh?" Mrs. Dawn said. 
Adam nodded in response. "Don't pay any mind to him, he can be a real pain." "Ill get things figured out for the schedule." "So that you don't see him often, you may see him time to time, but not during your activities." "Would that make you feel better?" Mrs. Dawn said. 

"Yes." Adam said with a nod. "Now get some sleep, tomorrow this time will be better." "I promise." Mrs. Dawn said. Adam did what she said, and tucked himself in.  Mrs. Dawn gave adam a kiss to his forehead. "Sweet dreams adam." Mrs. Dawn said and leaves. Adam closes his eyes to sleep. 

End of flashback 

After only a few minutes, he turned off the shower. Get changed into a new clothes to sleep in with. Some red pajama pants, and a plain white shirt. Then he went downstairs to the kitchen to get some water so that he doesn't get dehydrated from sleep. Or after being in the shower for 3 minutes. Adam got a glass cup, and filled it with water. "You thirsty too adam?" Adam turned to see it was drew. Adam didn't expect it was drew, but at least he's relived its only him. 

"Yeah, feels like it." Adam replied. Drew could see that worried look of his. "Something on your mind adam?" Drew asked. "Rough night." Adam answered. "A nightmare huh?" Drew said. "Pretty much." "Hey uh, drew?" Adam asked. "What's up sport?" Drew replied. "You ever wondered why I was hurt that bad when jimmy found me?" Adam asked. "Well, jimmy thought it was a bear." "Not sure if it its, but could be something else." "But do you know how?" Drew asked. "Yeah, and its gonna sound crazy." Adam said. 

"How crazy we talking about?" Drew asked. "Well, very." "And it had to do with demons." Adam said. "Huh?" "What's it got to do with that?" Drew wondered. "Because, I was the survivor of the demon attack." "At the orphanage." Adam asked. Drew listened carefully, and becomes shock to what he is hearing. "The orphanage?" "Oh yeah I remember about that news I saw on TV, it was seven years go." Then he came to realization. "I get it." "It happened the same time were we found ya." "It was thirty minutes ago when the news talked about it." "And those claw marks?" Drew wondered. "Yes, a demon hurt me." "An imp actually." Adam said. 

Drew was trying to process of his story. Not sure what to even react. "So violet was right the entire time, demons are real." "But how did you escape?" Drew asked. "Well the cherubs saved me." "And took me to this foster home." "The only sanctuary for me to be safe." Adam said. Drew then made a surprise expression when he heard the name cherubs. "The cherubs, actually saved you?" Drew asked. Adam nods his head. "I had never thought in years that I meet someone, who was rescued by the little angels." Drew said. "Wait, you know about it?" Adam asked. 

"Of course I do, they saved me one time." "I almost died when I was a kid." Drew said. "Wait, you almost died too?" Adam also makes his surprise face. "Yep, I almost drowned." "At the forest where there was a river." "I was being adventurous." "Then I slipped from a big rock." "The water I was swimming was too deep." "I thought I wouldn't make it." "Then the cherubs came, and saved me." Drew said telling his story. "Which one was it?" Adam asked. "It was a sheep, that one had a white wool." "And its assisted by a deer." "I thanked them for saving my life." "And with that." "They left to go help others."  "Well, after getting a hug from them." Drew said. 

Adam know who he is talking about, but didn't bother to tell him right now. "So, I bought this house." "Where I would drive all the way to the river, where I first met them." "Then when I met diane, we became a couple." "Then married, and started our business of raising you kids." Drew said. "And you did a good job being a foster parent." "But, would that change now that I told you I was a victim of a demon attack?" Adam asked. "Wait, this is what your worried about?" "Just because you were attacked by a demon?" "Listen, whatever you gone though." "It ain't changing anything." "You almost died, and we didn't want to leave ya like this." "And we're not gonna let anything happen to ya?" "Alright?" "If anything supernatural comes towards us, we'll find a way." "No matter what." "We will keep you, jimmy, and violet safe." Drew said. 

"Drew, thanks." "That makes me better now that I told you my story." "Its something I need to let it out of my chest." Adam said. "I know its hard, but I'm glad you build the courage to tell me." Drew said. "Hey, when you showed up." "I was unsure about telling you about myself." Adam said with a chuckle. "Then you made the right call adam." "As for diane, I know she'll understand." "I did tell her about the part where the cherubs saved me." Drew said. "What did she think?" Adam wondered. "She thought it was a miracle that I was saved by them." Drew answered. "I can say the same for me." Adam said. 

"Glad we understand each other." "Well, time to get back to bed." Drew yawned. "Night adam." Drew said as he walked upstairs. "Night, dad." Adam said. Drew stopped, and made a happy smile upon hearing adam calling him dad. And went back to his and diana's room.  Adam went back to his room to get some sleep. Before he could call it a night. Adam sees something in the shadows in his room. Glowing pink eyes, staring at adam. Freighting him. 

"Adam, its just me." Octavia shows herself out of the shadows. Adam is relieved, but confused at the same time. "Octavia?" "What are you doing here?" Adam asked. "Did you have that dream?" Octavia asked. Adam at first don't know what she is talking about? Then he recalled what happened in his dreams. The jester robot fizzarolli, and the little owl that saved him when her voice went from a toddler to a teen voice. Now adam figured out that little owl, and octavia are the same demon. "Yeah I had." Adam answered. 

"Then you were here after all." "The entire time." Octavia said. "When did you figure it out?" Adam asked. "I was having my own nightmare, the one I wish I could forget." "But When I heard someone, I had to look where that voice came from." "Like a curious kid I am." "When I saw you were in trouble, there was no way I'm not letting it consume you." Octavia said. "Then I guess I somehow slipped into that nightmare of yours." "I feel like its out of place for me." Adam said in honesty. "It is, but your the only one who I'm ok with." "Only the nightmares, that way I won't be having one if I'm alone." Octavia said. "Fair enough." Adam said. 

"But the real reason I'm here, is because I wanted to see if your ok?" Octavia said with her worried voice. "I'm ok." "I woke up sweaty, and got in the shower to calm myself." "What was that nightmare I witnessed?" Adam wondered. "That nightmare you saw, was the time where I would never want to go or ask my parents to take me to loo loo land ever again." Octavia said. 
"Oh yeah, that robo jester mentioned about it.  Adam said. "Wait, you met that clown didn't ya?" Octavia said "Yep, I had a run in with that robot that tried to drag me to hell." Adam said. "Your lucky that you never seen the whole place." "It reeks of insecure corporate shame." Octavia said. "You must had really hate that amusement park." Adam said. "You had no idea." Octavia replied. 

"So, what am I suppose to expect now?" Adam asked. "Whatever that attacked you in your sleep." "Its gone now." "It almost took you." "Could be something from nergal, or just looking to fuck up your sleep." "So I guess be on your guard for something funny that approaches you." "Or anything that is out for you." Octavia suggested. "I guess I should, after all the crap I saw." "I guess its best to expect the worst." Adam said. 

"Good call." "I better get back before one of my parents notices I'm gone." "Ill drop by sometime, if I can." Octavia said. "Ok." Adam said. "Later adam." Octavia enters the portal she used with the book, and closes behind her. Adam gets back on his bed. "Whatever tomorrow has in store for me, this is not gonna be my day." Adam closes his eyes, and sleeps.