A sudden visit

The group has emerged from the portal and the portal closes behind them. Before they could go on in to their house. They see Drew and Diane. Their foster parents, that just saw them emerge from the portal. Knowing they can't make any excuses. 

Everyone went inside the house, and they all gave them the recap of everything that transpired when they were gone. Which doesn't surprise them since after their trip has an encounter with stolas, and the groups from I.M.P. while trying to make their escape from the agents of D.H.O.R.K.S. But the only surprising part was what adam told them. 

"So you decided to just let them visit ya?" Diane asked. "And just take you for whatever they need you to do?" Drew added "Sadly yes. But it was my call. If you don't want this to be your life. Ill run away and-" Drew cuts him off. "Absolutely not We found you in a critical condition seven years ago. We knew we couldn't leave you to die. And we're not gonna let you face this rough obstacle alone. Alright?" Drew said. 

"Adam, ever since what we been through at that base. We couldn't let you face this. We will get through this together. As a family." Diane said. "You and your speech. And yet... Adam's tear from his eye beings to drop to the ground. It still works. You didn't have to suffer. You all didn't have to.." Adam said while he begins to breakdown. 

Diane embraces Adam with a hug. "Whatever happens, we can take it." Diane said. "I almost died one time. I been through worse." Drew said. "Don't forget about us. We all had hell of a trip down here." Nick added.

 "Looks like Ill have to tell Chris, amber, and Cody about this." Henry said. "I can be on the lookout for any suspicious activity with the shadow lurkers." Nick said. "Are you still on a mission?" Henry asked. 

"That mission will have to wait. If I find anything. Then that will definitely become a priority to me." Nick said. "What are you two talking about?" Drew asked. Nick and henry looked at each other in worry. Then violet stepped in. "The mission of making sure to stay alive." Violet said. 

"And probably try not to die in a horrible stupid way." Jimmy added. "Your not the only one on this Jim. Cody doesn't want to go out in an awful way ether." Henry added. 

"While you all try to talk this out. I am gonna go head out and have a drink." Nick went to the door, and leave. Feeling relieved that violet unknowingly saved him from revealing to the foster family of his little secret. 

"So what do we do now?" Henry asked. "Well, we enjoy ourselves. While we can before we get some birdies knocking in our doorstep. 

They all agree with the decision. Before they could go on to their everyday activities. The house suddenly got, cold. 

They felt the house's temperature going down. Wondering what's causing it? "Drew? what's the temperature?" Diane asked. Drew checked his phone. "Average weather. Just fifty-five degrees overall." Violet realizes the immediate danger.  The house suddenly got even colder. That was when they now figure out it wasn't mother's nature's making the house cold. 

"Oh no." Violet said with worry. 

"Oh yes." An unknown voice said. 

They turn their head to the shadow they see on the wall that is about to approach them from the stairs. The shadow fades, and the footsteps get closer. The walls and the doors to their rooms gotten frozen. The first thing they see is the hands, being covered by a snow white gloves. 

"Uh, who you might be? Whoever's in our lovely home." Drew asked while trying to keep calm in this situation. Especially with the cold temperature  that isn't helping much. "You really jinx this one drew." Diane gives him the the glare. Since she knows that was his fault. Drew responds with a innocent smile with a shrug gesture. But knows it was too late. 

"Who am I your asking? Well.

I just thought I drop by to say hello to my fellow mortals

I just thought I drop by to say hello to my fellow mortals. And especially you. He turn his head to focus on one mortal. Adam.