𝟚. 𝕋𝕒𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕕 ℍ𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕤

"Morning Taehyungie." Jimin's delicate voice and smile in the morning gave the other male energy.

He gave him his glamorous boxy smile "morning Jiminie." He replied, pulling the door closed behind him. Today the best friends were going to see Seokjin and both got up early so they could assist with opening the restaurant for their hyung.

They walked side by side engaging in slight banter but Jimin suddenly changed the subject. "Did you hear about another dead body leaving the palace?" He asked, a bit of an angry look on his face. "Y-Yeah." Taehyung muttered his reply. "He's supposed to be the king of vampires yet he has no control." He bitterly spat, hatred in his voice.

Taehyung sighed tucking some of his overgrown hair behind his ear. Jimin noticed his best friend looking so down "what's up Tae?" He asked, tugging at his arm to stop their walking. Taehyung felt the inner turmoil, in fact he felt his stomach do flips, he couldn't deal with an upset Jimin. He imagined the shorter male in hysterics, clutching to his clothes and pleading him not to.

He blinked at his best friends concerned face, opening his mouth to speak. Both their heads turned when a whimper suddenly broke through the air. They both saw a small female hunched over on the floor, gripping her neck, blood quite clearly oozing from the spot. They rushed over to her, eyes widened but this wasn't an odd occurrence. They often found tagged humans recovering from bites on the sidewalk yet those weren't just bites....

It looks like they'd ripped a chunk out of her neck.

"What should we do?" Taehyung spoke with a small voice. In this world there's no phones, there's was just vampire physicians and a few human doctors that didn't really make themselves known.

"I d-don't know." Jimin stuttered eyeing how the women had suddenly stilled.  "Should we go fetch a knight?" Taehyung asked, gripping the fabric of his sleeve. "Yeah right! They'll just drain her, she's a goner." Jimin harshly said... but it was the truth.

Jimin hated the vampires with a passion, don't misunderstand though, Taehyung hated them too but didn't show it as much. She's dead, she will get drained either way so Taehyung turned on his feet searching for the building where the knights were usually found. "Taehyung!? Where are you going?" Jimin asked trying to stop his best friend by tugging on the loose clothing.

"Stay with her, i'll bring a knight." Taehyung said, though it was weird to casually stroll up to vampires. Vampires and untagged humans usually ignored each other, only speaking when completely necessary. Jimin wordlessly stopped following him and let Taehyung continue. It didn't take long to find the building and Taehyung stood outside, still gripping onto his sleeve tightly. He still had a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach as he reached for the handle and creaked it open.

He looked like a deer caught in head lights once he realised there was about 10 behind the door, looking right at him. He spent so much time ignoring and hiding from them that he really wasn't used to being around them. It seems they were shocked to see an untagged human walk into their offices. The paler people watched as he shuffled closer, avoiding any eye contact.

"U-Uhmm." Taehyung muttered but his breath hitched as one tall and slender vampire approached him. "Is there something wrong, pretty?" They asked, voice deep. Taehyung hid his shaky hands and looked into the red eyes, feeling his heart rate quicken. They can probably smell his fear as he heard snickering behind the male. "F-Found dead girl." He managed say, nibbling his bottom lip. The knight nodded, he would send people to fetch her. "I see, thanks for informing us." The vampire said and ruffled the humans hair.

"Can you take me there?" The vampire asked still eyeing the shy human in front of him.

"Y-Yes." Taehyung stuttered, quickly turning on his heel, wanting to escape the suffocating room. The one knight followed him out, hands buried in his trouser pockets. Taehyung knew that they would never bite an untagged human but they could still hurt him. Increased strength, speed, hidden powers that they don't know about. Now he had one following behind him, quite clearly checking him out.

Taehyung shivered but let out a relieved breath once he had reached Jimin, who hid his fear well. Jimin glared at the knight, crossing his arms after he had pulled Taehyung behind him. The knight brought his hand to his chin, as if examining the body from what he can see. "This is the vampires fault, carelessness on their part." He gave an unbiased outlook on it, sending a smile their way. "Sadly it's a risk of being a blood maid." He added with a shrug, making Taehyung's blood boil.

'Is it really that hard not to rip her neck out?' Taehyung thought.

He grabbed Jimin's hand "let's go, Jin's waiting." Taehyung stated, pulling him away from the scene. He felt the knights eyes on his body as they walked away "he's a fucking creep." Taehyung mumbled, squeezing Jimin's hand for reassurance. "He probably heard that." Jimin said with a giggle, both of them walking at a quicker pace. "Oh shit, yeah!" Taehyung realised and they both broke out in a fit of laughter, all fear gone.

By now Jin would have already opened.

They ended up skipping happily towards the now busy restaurant, arms linked and their worries forgotten. They entered through the back in order to not bother customers while trying to find Jin. They could already hear him scolding his workers in the kitchen, they looked at each other reluctant. "Let's talk to him when it's less busy." Jimin said and took a seat at the table in the back.

"Let's."