𝟟. 𝕍𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝔹𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

Taehyung felt his heart beating through his chest, having recognised the police knight that was now kneeled a few metres in front of him. The king had taken to playing with Taehyung's hair again yet still radiating dominance over his guests. "State your business Eunwoo." The king ordered, eyes staring ahead.

The knight lifted his head from a bowing position, not noticing Taehyung straight away. "I've come to inform you of the continuous murders happening around zone F, your majesty." He spoke professionally. Zone F, that was where Taehyung was from, the poorest zone. Taehyung's eyes met with Eunwoo's and noticed the vampires confused look but he made the connection when he saw the bandages on the humans neck.

"Do you have any suspects?" Jungkook asked with a bored tone. Eunwoo shook his head no "i've looked into this for a week now, and the residents from the area, none suspicious. I believe they live in Zone D, crossing over to do the killing." The knight explained, avoiding gazing at the beautiful human that sat by the king's feet.

"Please allow me to transfer to Zone D. I will investigate further." He added with a bow at the end. "Sure, Namjoon will help you with that. I give you my permission, I hate law breakers." The king said and a smile appeared on Eunwoo's face. "Thanks, your majesty." He bowed again. After the police knight had left, Taehyung heard the king sigh loudly before another male entered and bowed before the king.

Taehyung zoned out from the conversation after that, his head unknowingly leaned against Jungkook's leg. Someone continuously playing with your hair really does lull you to a sleep. It seems the discussion that the king had with Yoongi was a long one and Taehyung didn't hear a word. He didn't care what it was anyway, it was probably boring anyway. By now, he could conclude that the kings life was boring. He hadn't once seen him smile and throughout the palace, no laughter could be heard.

You could even hear a pin drop sometimes.

When Taehyung would get this bored he would turn to music however he's not sure how this would play out with the king around. It would be embarrassing anyway, to suddenly start singing and dancing to alleviate the silence you can't cope with.

Jungkook had felt the human slump against his leg ages ago, obviously in a slumber but he decided not to bother reacting. This conversation with Yoongi was a lot more important than a sleeping blood maid. Jungkook gave his messenger new orders, describing in detail what he is to do.

"Rest here tonight but leave early in the morning, i'm sick of The Blood Rose Group with all their bullshit riddles." The king ordered, concluding their conversation. "Yes, your majesty." Yoongi replied, his voice hoarse. He stood up and left leaving the king and a sleeping blood maid alone.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and rolled his eyes, the human pouted in his sleep. 'How can he fall asleep in that uncomfortable position?' Jungkook thought. Namjoon entered the room a while later, noticing that the king hadn't took his eyes off of Taehyung. "Where did you find this one?" Jungkook muttered the question to one of the few people he'd consider a friend. "Heres what I know: his name is Kim Taehyung, he's 20 years old, he resided in a cottage in zone F and he worked as a cave digger until he applied to be a blood maid." Namjoon said with a smile.

The knight hoped he had finally found someone to satisfy the king and bring him back to his old self. Jungkook used to crack jokes, laugh, play pranks but now he spent most of his time reading or handling important matters. He was making Taehyung do what the past blood maids do yet Namjoon had never seen the king play with their hair. He felt like he was walking on thin ice around the king and that was all after he spent a month away with his father. Namjoon believes something happened but the dismal king would never admit to such events so this was how it was now.

"And he's the first rare blood in seventy years? Fuck, i'm already craving another taste, i've never tasted anything like it." The king said, placing his head in his hand. He still hasn't taken his eyes off the humans face and the grey locks that fell over his eyes slightly. "Do you want some Joonie?" The king asked using his nickname for the taller vampire. "No thank you, your majesty. I am satisfied with my own blood maid." He rejected the offer. The king snickered "fair enough." He stood suddenly, making Taehyung jolt from his sleep, looking around confused.

"I'm going to my chambers." The king stated, setting off with a quick walk. Taehyung scurried up, his right leg feeling a little numb from the position he was in. He followed the king with with his head cast down, he was only to leave the kings side if he was excused by the man himself. What felt like another trekk later, Jungkook was pushing double doors open to a bedroom that was three times the size of his. Expected.

Taehyung got the courage to talk, hoping he would be excused soon. "What should I do your majesty?" He questioned with a soft voice, surprisingly not stuttering. Jungkook cocked his head at the young human and pointed to his bed with a smirk. "Just sit there and look pretty." He ordered. Taehyung felt his heart drop "w-what." He now stammered, mind chaotic with scenarios in his head. He saw the king clench his jaw, he doesn't like his orders questioned.

"Do it." His tone was dark as he stared at the now trembling human. Taehyung slowly shuffled his feet, getting closer to the bed and sitting down. He nibbled his bottom lip, thoughts wandering mindlessly. He knew that some vampires used blood maids in this way... for pleasure. He heard the king chuckle before he disappeared into the bathroom, closing the door. The sound of running water filled the room while Taehyung gripped the soft covers beneath him.

Taehyung felt like the king was teasing him, making him wait and letting it play on his mind. What was he going to do once he had finished in the shower? Taehyung looked outside, it's already starting to get dark and he was hungry again now. Despite being sat alone in the kings bedroom, he wanted privacy. The shower stopped and Taehyung became dizzy from the amount of nerves he felt today. The door opened, Jungkook stood there in just a towel.

Taehyung couldn't help his eyes roaming over the exposed skin that still dripped with water. He realised what he was doing and snapped his head away, blush forming on his cheeks. He heard the male nearing him, his heat radiating on to him. Jungkook leaned onto the human, enjoying watching him begin to squirm. The vampire leaned into his ear lingering for a second to let his breath ghost the humans neck. "You're excused." He whispered, smirking when Taehyung flinched.

The human widened his eyes, processing what the vampire had just said. He nervously stood and edged away from the king, avoiding looking at his abs. With a relieved breath, Taehyung left in a hurry but groaned when he ran into a very tall Namjoon. The vampire transformed a deadly stare into a dimple smile "your food will be brought to your room, follow me." He said.

With a pout, he trailed behind the knight.