𝟛. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕋𝕖𝕤𝕥

Taehyung didn't want to say goodbye to his friends as he didn't want it to be the last time he would see them. He's come up with ways in his head that would help him see them at least once a week. Sneaking out, promising extra blood for the day in return for a favour, having his friends visit. He was just fooling himself though, all sound unrealistic.

As he watched Jimin run a hand through his hair, he does that a lot, he cast his eyes down in sadness. He cared for him so much and it will just hurt more to say goodbye as if it's the last time. Luckily Jimin didn't notice this look, his attention on Jin coming through the door with a huff. "They're only good at burning food!" He said referring to his workers and taking a seat next to them.

Jimin giggled "we heard."

Taehyung looked at his deflated body language "what's wrong hyung?" He asked. He sighed "I still haven't made enough Tae, they make it impossible..." he explained. Taehyung's heart felt heavier than it did before, even Jin was struggling except he has debt too.  "I'm sure business will pick up." Jimin said, resting his head on his hand. Jin pouted "I already get full tables Jiminie, still doesn't cover what I owe." He stated.

"Me and Tae have to find a new job, those caves are empty." Jimin went on to say after a moment of silence. "Really? But there's no jobs going right now." Jin said, now worried for his friends. He felt like a parent to them, he was much older and often babied them. Jimin scoffed "there's never any jobs." He bitterly said while running a hand through his hair.

"Let's not think about it today." Taehyung said with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood. "He's right." Jin said, standing from his chair and looking at his watch. "Let's have milkshakes." All three now happily stood up to go get their milkshakes.

After a while of jokes and Jin's windshield laugh, they decided to go home early. Taehyung had other intentions though "I have an errand to run, i'll see you guys tomorrow." He stated, giving Jin a hug. Jimin gave him a suspicious look but gave him a goodbye hug anyway "stay safe." He muttered before parting with his friends. It wasn't dark yet so he would easily find the building he was looking for, he always knew where it was anyway...

He looked at the dark looking building that signified the start of the process, that sick feeling came back once again. It was a vampire physicians place, this was where he can sign up to be a blood maid. The door jingled open, a middle aged lady leaving with tears in her eyes. Taehyung gulped and walked forward, opening the door with a shaky hand.

A women stood up from behind the reception "hello." She said with a sweet voice. Her unnaturally pale skin with slight redness around the eyes showed that she was a vampire. Taehyung felt himself freeze with fear, what was he doing? "How can I help?" She asked seeing if he wanted medical attention or not. He cast his eyes down "I w-want to b-be tested to be a b-blood maid." Mentally cursing at himself for stuttering.

"I'll let you through, there's no need to be nervous." Her voice was soft and reassuring, making Taehyung relax a little. "Follow me uhm." She started. "Taehyung." He revealed his name, shuffling forward a little. "Ah yes, please follow me Taehyung." She said. He nodded gently and followed the soft click of heels in front of him. She lead him to the back, knocking on a door and opening it to reveal a doctors office... it looked so modern.

The vampires had luxuries like that.

"Hi Jennie, who do we have here?" A male rose from a desk to eye the human next to his receptionist. "This is Taehyung, he wants to tested to be a blood maid." Her soft voice explained. "Ah, I see." He nodded professionally "please come in." He said with a smile. Taehyung nervously glanced between the two, deciding that they won't hurt him. He entered the room and took a seat.

"So Taehyung, the process is pretty simple. I will take a small amount of blood and test your blood type. Different blood types get different tags and that way we can find the best placement for you. We have many spots available." He explained to Taehyung who bit his lip in fear. This was it.

He nodded at the doctor.

"Please fill out this form and sign the bottom, then we'll get started." The doctor said while handing him the paper and pen. Taehyung took it with a shaky hand, quickly filling it out so he could get this over with. He placed the form on the desk afterwards, feeling like he wants to cry. He just signed his life away...

The vampire grabbed a sterile blood extractor  and something to clean Taehyung's arm from bacteria. "Please hold your arm out, i'll try and make it quick." He said, now kneeling next to the frightened human. He held his shaky arm out and looked away, not wanting to see what was about to happen. He felt a few dabs on his arm but then gasped when he felt a pinch, a few moments later and the pain left.

"You did very well Taehyung." The vampire said as he walked off somewhere with the blood sample. He looked at his arm and saw that a plaster had been placed there to stop the small amount of bleeding. Taehyung felt a false sense of relief hit him, what was he to do when the vampire wanted to sink his fangs in? He shivered at the thought, and felt tears threaten to fall.

The results came five minutes later while Taehyung was trembling to keep his emotions in. The doctor sat down at his desk with a sigh, eyeing the results on the paper. "Your blood is very rare." He spoke, feeling pity for the terrified human. "What does that mean?" Taehyung asked, gripping his clothes. The doctor sighed again "it means I have to submit your blood maid application to the highest position." He explained, already gathering the data on his paper in a pile.

"Highest position?" Taehyung quizzically asked, a little confused. "To put it simply, you're the kings new blood maid." And there it was, the tears began to spill. "No no no no no no, I c-can't." He began panicking.

'I'm gonna die.' He thought as he stood abruptly from the chair.

"Taehyung, let me reassure you." The doctor said making Taehyung halt his movements. "The king values a rare blood like you, we haven't had one in 70 years." He explained, keeping a close eye on the males pouring tears. He grabbed a tissue and held it out to the human "there's no need to cry." He added softly.

"Oh really!? They carried a body out of there yesterday and there's no need for me to cry?" Taehyung raised his voice but whimpered at the end. The consuming thoughts of death played on his mind, he swears he'll never walk out that palace alive. "This was a mistake..." Taehyung muttered and hurried out of the office.

He ran the whole way home.