𝟜𝟡. ℝ𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕠𝕟

Wails of pain sounded on the field outside Moon Hollow, vampires turning to ash and humans lying face down in dirt. And yet Taehyung still hadn't joined his king on the field as he planned to.

"They're inside the walls!" A palace vampire shouted alerting those nearby and then a scream of agony.

What the hell!?

Taehyung rushed to the screaming and quickly had to avoid a sword swinging in his direction. Humans with cloth covering their faces flooded the hallways, turning vampires to ashes. The humans noticed him and shouted "the masked one!" and quickly rushed to defeat him.

Another sword was swung at him which he dodged with ease.

"Use the cross!" Another bandit shouted.

Taehyung hadn't harmed one of them and yet they were so eager to kill him, to see him turn to ashes. Make him go poof.

So it's just self defence...right?

Taehyung grabbed one of them by their rags and threw them into the other humans like a bowling ball. They scuttled back, just as another bandit rushed up and forced a cross close to his masked face.

"Pretty necklace." Taehyung's deep voice sounded in the hallway. He grabbed the humans wrist almost breaking it and snatched the necklace out of their hand. They whimpered in agony, holding their wrist to their chest.

Taehyung had seen this cross before.

"Now I have two." Taehyung added, pulling the other cross from his pocket.

Gasps was heard from the shocked bandits, why hadn't it affected him?

They all clambered to their feet and did the best thing they could've done in that situation. Retreat. At least they're smart, they had no chance.

Taehyung looked down at the male still clutching their wrist, they were getting ready to run away also. "Not so fast, I quite like your outfit." Taehyung said, grabbing them and pulling them up. "W-What!?" They replied, they were scared.

Taehyung wouldn't kill them though.

"Sleep."

"They charged at us, just to retreat?" Namjoon asked, his eyes darting to all the different groups of humans. "Do we follow?" Namjoon questioned sceptically. More vampires had died than he'd liked.

"No, they would gain the advantage past that tree-line. Ambush, traps, who knows?" Junkook said, staring at where he last saw the humans run away to.

This was true, Jimin had left crosses lying around their camp, hurting any vampire that gets close.

"Help our injured and regroup." Jungkook ordered, deep in thought. He had seen what these crosses can do, and they had many. "Yes, your majesty." Namjoon replied and left to complete this.

"Keep watch, they're sneaky!" Jungkook ordered to a group of vampire knights still standing. "Yes, your majesty!" They all responded. The king sped away back to the palace, he needed to see Taehyung and make sure he's okay. Being apart from him now felt wrong.

When he got there, the sight of ashes confused him, there was an attack here? Where is Taehyung? He searched further, only to find Namjoon's blood maid holding Taehyung's black mask. He rushed over and held the blood maid by his throat "where is he!?" He questioned, deep and serious voice making Hoseok whimper.