𝟡. ℝ𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙

"So what your saying is, your vampire lord or whatever the fuck he is, wants a portion of my human population in return for not attacking my lands?" Jungkook's booming voice echoed around the whole meeting room. He was livid yet this was him holding back his anger, the human by his feet already feeling his nerves build up.

A new messenger, whom he'd never seen before, showed up ruining his plans for the day. He claimed to be from the west, the vampire community he hadn't dealt with yet but they were just being silly threatening to attack a walled off city. They must be struggling since they are begging for humans, they should have looked after the ones they had.

"Yes, your majesty." The messenger answered, there was a smug tone to it. "I say no, so fuck off." The king said, eyes now glowing red. The messenger cowered their head "b-but." They started but Jungkook cut them off "if your leader has a problem with that then tell them to come here themselves." His hand unconsciously going to Taehyung's hair, feeling the softness. The messenger gulped and gave a small bow, leaving the room with Namjoon following. They had to make sure he left the city since he was not registered to be there.

"Bring food." Jungkook ordered a female worker, eyeing the human by his feet. He was still angry, so focused his attention on something else. He would always make sure his blood maids are well fed, so ordered the food to be brought. "Stand up." He said by Taehyung's ear and let go of the males hair. The human felt a shiver run through his body at the closeness, but stood up anyway. His legs were a little numb and shaky from being sat so long.

Jungkook was going to let the blood maid take a seat at the table in front of them but he changed his mind. He grabbed the humans small waist, pulling him to sit on his lap, Taehyung letting out a loud gasp from the sudden action. He squirmed a little not knowing what to, Jungkook's strong arms held him in place, completely vulnerable to the vampire. He ignored the hand resting on his waist and turned his gaze to look at the kings bored expression. The door reopened, the smell of food invading their nostrils.

The human worker stood still for a moment, confused by their position but lowered her head placing the tray of food on the table in front of them. Taehyung fiddled with the hem of his sleeve, too scared to move even an inch in fear of upsetting the king. Instead, Jungkook leaned forward, grabbing the fork and stabbing some of the cut up steak. Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows "m'not a baby." He whispered when the fork was brought to his lips. "Well it was getting cold." Jungkook replied with shrug of his shoulders.

Taehyung took the fork from the king and fed himself, humming in satisfaction from the taste. All this food was expensive, he's only had steak one other time in his life due to the high cost. He immediately went for more, his focus on the food rather than his fear for the king. He was moving his hips a lot from leaning forward and back, the kings grip suddenly tightened.

Taehyung felt like his hip bone could crack any moment from the pressure, he whimpered loudly. That'll definitely bruise.

"Do you need to move so much?" Jungkook asked with his voice a little hoarse. Taehyung was still whimpering "s-sorry, your m-majesty." He stammered, hoping that he'll loosen his grip. Luckily he did and Taehyung hissed a little, the area on his hips feeling sore. His appetite had vanished from the pain he felt so he stayed as still as he could. "A-Are you g-going to bite me now?" Taehyung asked, he felt as if he had a lump in his throat. Jungkook huffed and rolled his eyes "if you're done, I have shit to do." He replied. "Y-yes, your majesty, i'm done." Taehyung muttered, hanging his head.

The vampire pushed them up from the seat, making sure to set Taehyung on his feet before walking away. While Taehyung trailed behind, he subtly lifted his shirt eyeing the already dark bruise forming. All because he was moving a little too much, Taehyung let out an annoyed groan. He hated feeling so weak here, well he was weak before but at least he had freedom then. He had to follow this moody and boring king around who had the body of a greek god. He yelped when he felt he had just walked into a wall, luck was not on his side as he realised it was really Jungkook's back.

Jungkook spun around almost ripping the shirt as he lifted it up to see the marks. He tutted "humans are so fragile." He stated and carried on walking to where he needed to be. He had scheduled vampire fights today as a form of entertainment for all the higher ranked knights. Jungkook found them less entertaining these days but his father taught him that it is tradition to attend. The guests would have already been flooding in by now and most would have taken their seats.

The fight room was circular and Jungkook's seat as the king was at the very top, overlooking all the fights. Only blood maids were permitted with guests in there, sometimes even being traded amongst the vampires. Jungkook didn't care enough to stop any of the shit happening there. He walked up the steps, the sound of loud chatter was sounding behind the doors. He ignored Taehyung's breathlessness behind him and pushed the doors open to the circular room. He smirked when the whole room went quiet from the presence of the king.

"I only want fair fights tonight!" His dominating voice echoed around the room. "If I see cheating like last time, i'll kill you myself." He added, a few gasps being heard. "Let the fights begin." The king shouted before cheers erupted and the loud chatter continued.

Jungkook took his seat, Taehyung immediately finding his spot on the floor as he was taught. And so...they watched on.