CHAPTER 9

You sent one genuine smile back. The smiles you put on were more like rather cocky smirks to go with your laid back attitude. But when you were alone your mind was always working and you were always alert. Some might call you paranoid but you were just careful while enjoying your life to the fullest. "Thank you."

You spent all of your afternoon in the library. It was a comforting place. It had beanbags, normal chairs, tables and even a fireplace scattered across it. [Yes, I made this up] The sound of crackling fire and the scent of books were one of the things that really put your mind at ease. You came back for dinner and then spent your time getting to know the U.A staff better. Of course, they also got to know you a lot more. Things like that go both ways.

But now you were walking down the hallway. It was empty since you were already five minutes late for the homeroom lesson but that seemed normal for Aizawa so you brushed it off.

You reached the class 1A's door and Aizawa turned to you. "I'll go in there and announce when you can come in."

You nodded. He reached for the door handle. "Oh and- Don't mind them acting like four-year-olds. Most of them lack common sense."

What? But you nodded anyway. Guess that's teenage.

"Alright class settle down," Aizawa said, going into the classroom, making the whispers quiet in seconds.

"We are having a new student come today. Be nice," he said, making the class start buzzing with excitement.

"Quiet down," Aizawa ordered. "You can come in now."

You opened the door with a cheery smile and waved at the class. "Hello."

You went and stood next to Aizawa. "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you all." You bowed.

"Any questions?" Aizawa asked.

A guy clearly sticking to rules too much raised his hand. You nodded, indicating to him to ask.

"I'm Tenya Iida, the class representative. What's your last name?"

You eyed Aizawa, asking him the silent question.

"She's my adopted daughter," Aizawa said blankly.

"You have a daughter?!"

"Adopted," you corrected, silently chuckling, reading an iconic line in your head. 'Have care how you speak! Loki's of Asgard and he's my brother.' 'He killed 80 people in two days.' '...He's adopted.'

"Any other questions?" Aizawa asked, silencing the class efficiently.

A boy with a head of green fluffy hair raised his hand. "Why'd you join so late?"

Aizawa gave you a little shake of his head. Unnoticeable to anyone else.

"Sorry, I'd really rather not say that," you apologised with a smile.

"Okay. Y/n you can go sit down next to Todoroki. Todoroki raise your hand," Aizawa said as no more hands rose.

Todoroki raised his hand and you went and sat there, carefully minding your wings, doing your best not to knock something over. They got in the way sometimes, honestly.

***

"Uhhh, Y/n?" came a voice that startled your zoned out self. Hence your wings spread out a bit in alarm, ready to wrap themselves around you as a protecting mechanism.

You peaked around your wings.

"Oh, hello," you greeted a boy with red spiky hair. "And who might you be?" You asked with an everlasting smile- smirk. It was really more of a friendly type of smirk.

"I'm Eijiro Kirishima," he said, pointing a thumb at himself.

"Nice to meet you," you said politely. Truth be told, you didn't know how to start a conversation.

"How are you doing? Being new and all," he asked.

"Doing pretty good. You?"

"Me too."

A silence fell upon the two of you as you stared at each other.

"So what do we say after that?" you asked.

"No idea," Kirishima shrugged.

"Socializing is hard," you sighed, leaning back to your chair when suddenly an idea popped into your mind. "What's your quirk? You don't have any extra body parts or anything always visible for all I know so I'm pretty interested."

"It's hardening," he said, showing off on his hand. "I can make any part of my body as hard as a stone."

You reached out and knocked on his hand slightly. It was completely solid.

"That's pretty impressive," you smiled, fluttering your wings a bit. "Mine are those. There's more details to it but I think I'll keep them a secret so I can use them as something like a surprise attack when it comes to training."

He gave an understanding nod and sat down in his seat since Present Mic came in to teach you all english.

***

You were walking in the cafeteria slowly, searching for a place to sit. For some reason doing that felt really awkward.

"Hey, Y/n! You can come sit with us!" Kirishima called. You looked over at the table. Besides Kirishima there was a boy with electric hair, a boy who looked like he was willing to kill anyone and everyone in the room, a boy with gaps in his elbows and a girl with pink skin.

You shrugged and headed over to the table, luckily avoiding awkwardness due to your wings while sitting down.

"Hi! I'm Kaminari but you can call me yours," the electric boy winked at you.

You stared back blankly and then smirked. "No offense but I would rather call you my sun."

He blushed.

"Since I feel like you should be further away."

The table erupted into laughter. Even the ash blond boy smiled slightly.

"Sorry," you apologised. "I didn't mean you're annoying or anything, of course. I just saw an opportunity and took it."

He smiled. "Don't worry about it, it was actually pretty good."

"Anyways, Y/n. These are Sero, Mina and Bakugou," Kirishima introduced, pointing at the people.

"Hello," you said with your usual laid-back sort of friendly cocky smirk. "What are your quirks?"

"I have tape shooting out of my elbows!" Sero exclaimed, pointing at the slits.

"And I can produce acid," Mina said. You nodded.

"Aaaaand you?" you asked the blond who hadn't said a word.

"Not that it's any of your business or something but I can create explosions that could just kill you if I wanted to," he somewhat snapped.

You furrowed your eyebrows. Judging by the reactions of other people at the table, he was acting differently from normal. You decided not to bring it up.

"And you?" you asked Kaminari.

"Electricity," he answered simply, making a bit of sizzle in his palm. "What about you? Is there more to the wings?"

"That's a secret," you smirked with a wink and stood up. "Thanks for letting me eat with you but I'll be going now."