CHAPTER 41

When it was time to head to bed, you said your good nights and went to your room. There, the events of the day which you had forgotten for a brief blessing moment, came back.

Lucky for you, you were physically too tired to get your blood circulating fast enough for your mind to overthink or anything of that sort so you fell asleep.

"Y/n, master is in the other room to meet you," Shigaraki said, instructing you down a hall.

"Hello! What's your name?" you greeted cheerfully, your naive self not introduced to the bad side of the world. Yes, the League was more distanced but really - you thought they were just busy.

"I'm All For One," a man said. "Now do me a favour and sit in that chair."

"Why?" you tilted your head, looking at the fancy mechanical thing.

"We're going to make you stronger," a doctor said.

"Okay," your fourteen-year-old self nodded. You might've been 14 physically but your mind's emotion-part was still around 6 or 7. You hadn't seen anything bad in the world. Sure, the League took you but they told you it was to make you stronger so you could become a hero. You believed them. Until that day. Then you started to understand.

That day, you realised that they didn't kill the bad people to help the world. They were the bad people. And they were making you one.

***

Agonizing pain. That's all that went through your body. Pain splitting through your head and wings, blood coming from your back. Feathers going berserk and stabbing into the walls, ceiling, everywhere. Including yourself. But you couldn't scream. The restraints in your mouth stopped you from doing so.

You could taste blood in your mouth.

"Once more," the doctor said.

You jolted awake, breathing heavy.

"Just a nightmare," you muttered to yourself, looking out of the window. You were still breathing heavily. Calm down, Y/n. They can't get you here.

You laid back down, trying to sleep. But every time you closed your eyes, the terrors of your past came back.

Fear clouded your mind as you searched for something to do that would stop the pain.

You heaved yourself out of bed and trudged to the common room, searching for Aizawa's room. You knocked on his door.

"Come in," he said.

To no surprise, he wasn't sleeping. You knew he had insomnia by now.

You poked your head in. "I can't sleep. I had a nightmare."

He looked at you and his face softened.

"Do you want me to come stay in your room until you're asleep?" he offered.

You nodded.

He smiled. In front of him, he didn't see a 15-year-old girl. He saw who you were inside. A child that was lost and forced to face the world.

You went back to bed and he sat on your chair.

You tried keeping your eyes open.

"It's okay. I'm here if anything happens," he said softly.

"Thank you," you muttered and slowly closed your eyes. His fatherly presence was calming. You were asleep in no time.

Aizawa noticed that and stood up, patting your head. "Good night, Y/n."

"G'night, dad," you answered through your sleep, only partly aware of your words. He froze. Then he smiled and left the room. You slept without nightmares for the rest of the time.