CHAPTER 95

"What's with all the noise- Ryoto?"

Falkor turned around, eyes widening and a smile making way to his lips when he saw Aizawa. "Hi, Shota. It's been a long time."

"But- You- You died! That mission, you-" Aizawa stuttered, completely taken aback.

"I know, Shota. I'm sorry," Falkor, or Ryoto, said sadly.

Everyone could see the tears slowly welling up in Aizawa's eyes as he reached for the man. His hand went right through him.

Your eyes widened, clicking the puzzle pieces together in your head. You quickly controlled a smaller feather so it came into your hand. It was dead quiet in the room, everyone looking at the exchange between the unknown man and Aizawa.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye." The crack in Aizawa's voice ended your doubts. Without thinking any longer, you drew a small gash on your palm with the feather and stood up, walking to your father figure with fast paces.

As he turned his eyes to you, you touched the back of his hand, making it slightly bloody. For Aizawa, the halo around the Projections disappeared and Ryoto opened his arms.

Aizawa took a step forward before wrapping his arms around the man. For the others, the halo also appeared around Aizawa.

"I missed you, brother," Aizawa said, starting to smile a bit. "You promised to come back."

Ryoto also smiled, glancing at you from the corner of his eye. "And I did. Just not in the form you expected."