CHAPTER 73

Keigo sighed also, looking off into space as he thought. "So... 'Uno', anyone?"

You yawned as you stuffed the sandwich in your mouth. You had to wake up earlier to be able to catch the earliest train to Kyushu. Which, as should be mentioned, went at 7.45 in the morning.

And considering the walk into the train station would take 20 minutes - since you decided you won't tire your wings out that early -, you had to go out at 7.20 just in case.

"Hey," you heard a familiar voice greet.

"Oh hey Hitoshi, what'cha doing up so early?" you asked, watching move towards the coffee machine.

"I have insomnia. I could ask you the same thing though," he said, turning to look at you.

You chuckled. "I'm going to patrol with Keigo today. I'll be back by lunch tomorrow at the latest."

He frowned a bit. "Are you sure it's safe? I mean we're all training to be heroes but I just don't want you to get hurt."

You smiled a bit and reached out, ruffling his soft hair. "I'll be just fine."

He nodded, uncertainty still on his face.

You saw it and smiled softly. "I promise, all right." You offered your hand to him, looking at him expectantly.

His frown lightened a bit as he took your hand in the promise hold he taught you. "I'll hold you to it."

***

"I'm off now!" you called to the early birds of your class, stepping outside the door with your backpack and the case of your costume.

You had walked bearly 10 steps when you heard Hitoshi call out to you. "Wait!"

You stopped and turned around. He ran and stopped in front of you.

"Please be safe. I know I've said it before and I know it's just patrolling but heroes that high up on the charts are always targeted so much and-"

You cut him off by hugging him. "I promised you, alright? And I don't plan on breaking it."

His chest heaved as he sighed and hugged you back. "I just can't help but worry. You're my first friend ever. I can't lose you."

You grinned, pulling back. "You can't get rid of me that easily, Hitoshi Shinso."