CHAPTER 21

You smiled at him a bit. You were glad you made someone happy. It always felt good. But now was not the time to swim in your feelings - the first round was about to begin.

"READY!? BEGIN!" Mic's voice echoed.

For a while you didn't see any action whatsoever so you picked up on the fact that they were talking. You sneakily slid one of your feathers down the wall, just enough for you to hear what they were saying. You decided that you would talk it out loud for your classmates too.

But you didn't get a chance to do that when you heard Midoriya's voice.

"Don't you talk about Ojiro that way, you hear me?!"

"And he's a dead man," you said out loud. You got questioning glances from your classmates. "He talked. Just watch, you'll understand." You had figured that Shinsou had to do something at least to get the person under his control. You had taken out eye contact when you were talking to him at the park so making the other speak was the next choice.

You all watched with different emotions as Midoriya started walking off the stage.

You weren't really big buddies with Midoriya so you didn't worry. You were in awe with Shinsou's quirk, actually. You had known the name and somewhat imagined it but this was just amazing in every way possible.

Suddenly Midoriya snapped out of it with a snap of his fingers.

Awooga and kaboosh, you thought, impressed by that amount of power.

Midoriya charged at Shinsou again. You frowned a bit. In your opinion, Shinsou deserved winning. He wasn't in the hero course and for what you knew, the exams were physical. Which means he was simply put at a huge disadvantage.

And he was out of bounds.

"Midoriya wins!"

As your classmates cheered, you stood up and stuffed your hands in your pockets. "Hey, Kirishima? Fill me in with what happened later, alright? I'll be right back."

You only got a bit confused nod from the boy and left.

You headed to where Shinsou was exiting the arena and waited a bit in the shadows.

He came, looking frustrated.

"Hey," you greeted. "Shinsou, right? It does sound better than Bench Boy."

"Oh, hey..." he trailed off quietly, waiting for you to fill in.

"Y/n," you helped.

"Y/n," he nodded.

Silence.

"So why are you here? To make fun of me? To tell me how villainous my quirk is?" he asked, clearly still frustrated.

"No! Not at all! I'm here to tell you that I think it was unfair for you to lose. Or not be in the hero course to start with. You have an amazingly strong quirk and it could be very useful. The only thing you're lacking is physical strength but you can always work with that, right?" you smiled, him nodding a bit dumbfoundedly at your speech. "The entrance exam was unfair towards you but I promise that one day you'll be a great hero. I know you will."

"Thank you, Y/n," he said quietly. "You- You're amazing too and... and your wings are really cool and beautiful." He muttered the last part.

You smiled a bit, not saying anything about it to keep it from getting embarrassing. You both felt a huge icy breeze come from the stadium.

"We better get out of here before we turn into ice sculptures," you half-joked.

"Yeah," he nodded.

You smiled, walking side by side with him until you had to separate.

"Hey, Y/n?" he called back at you shyly. "Are we friends now?"

"Yes. Yes we are," you smiled widely. And he smiled a bit.

"Alright, see you around," he said, turning.

"See ya!"