CHAPTER 28

"Oh, thanks," you smiled back, then looked at the sweets in your hand. "You want a waffle or something?"

Everyone stood in front of you four while Bakugo was trying to break out of his chains and muzzle.

"Pomeranian," you muttered but apparently Bakugo heard that since he leaned more towards you and loudened his muffled screaming.

You saw your classmates sweat drop.

Midnight announced some things more and then All Might came from the sky, yelling his all-mighty catchphrase.

"I am mighty" - "Oh I've heard." You bit your tongue to refrain from laughing when All Might first awkwardly hugged Tokoyami and then you as a congratulating form.

"You did very well, young Y/n."

"Thank you," you nodded.

As he got to Bakugo, he had to take the muzzle off and the first thing that boy did was turn to you.

"YOU!"

"Me," you nodded calmly with a smirk.

"I want to fight you!"

"Go on ahead," you gestured.

"I mean I actually want to fight you! You would've beaten Icy-hot if you didn't have your crisis! I want to fight you at your full power-"

"Then wait at least a week because I need to recharge," you said, closing your eyes and facing the sky. You heard chuckles from the public.

As Bakugo raged on, All Might managed to hang the medal from his mouth.

You eyed the boy. "You seem pretty upset, want me to keep the medal for you?"

"Like I would give it to you!" he shot back.

"I mean I can just take it if you want to," you offered.

"Screw off!"

***

"I'm proud of you, Y/n! You really took after me!" Hawks said when you both walked towards the school to talk to Mr. Aizawa about the situation.

"Thanks, I'll take it as a compliment."

...

"So... Do you like chicken?" you asked.

"Of course I do! You too right? Or I might have to rethink you being my sister," he said playfully.

"Yeah me too," you said happily, guiding Hawks to where the meeting room was.

***

"You are aware of the situation, Hawks. What do you think should happen next?" Aizawa asked when you two had taken a seat.

"I thought about it and as much as I would want to be Y/n's legal guardian," he eyed you. "I think it's safer for her here. I live all the way in Kyushu too. So what I was thinking would be that you continue to be her legal guardian while her last name changes. The public doesn't know my name anyway so it should be safe."

You saw Aizawa look a bit relieved before he nodded. "I agree to that. Y/n? What do you think? It's up to you after all."

You smiled at both of them. "I think it's the perfect solution. I don't want to leave here but I don't want to act unrelated to Keigo either."

"Alright, then it's settled," Aizawa said. "I'm gonna go take a nap."

"I'll find time to see you at least twice a week, okay N/n? And if I can't we'll facetime," Keigo said happily.

"Yeah," you smiled and hugged him. "I'm glad to have you back."

"I'm glad too. But I have to be off now so I reach home before midnight," he frowned at the end of the sentence.

"Yeah, don't worry about it," you reassured him, walking out of the school building together.

"We'll see each other again soon, I promise you," he said as he hugged you.

You smirked as you pulled back. "I'll hold you to that."

And with that he flew off, leaving you to go back inside your home.