CHAPTER 27

The adults nodded and all three of you left the room.

You entered your class' box and were immediately tackled into a hug by Kirishima, Kaminari standing near by.

"Y/n what was that?! You scared us all!" he said.

"It's... complicated. I hope I can tell you guys one day," you said.

"I understand," Kirishima smiled. "Come on! Let's watch the fight."

Down in the arena, the two were fighting intensely.

"Why aren't you using your flames, huh?!" Bakugo asked. "Are you afraid?!"

Todoroki kept quiet but his thoughts were racing. Both of the last times I used flames people got seriously hurt.

"Fight me with all you've got you coward!" Bakugo yelled, charging at Todoroki.

This went on for a while. Insults and attacks were sent back and forth, both of them exhausted but full of willpower.

After Midoriya's encouragement, Todoroki was about to attack with his flames. But for some reason, they extinguished right before Bakugo released an insanely powerful blast.

When the smoke disappeared, Todoroki was unconscious on an ice mountain out of bounds. Bakugo seemed to rage at the fact that Todoroki decided not to use his flames, so he went to attack leading Midnight to make the boy unconscious with her quirk.

The moments before Midnight decided the winner were stressful. The air was full of... well... every possible emotion but you didn't know how to feel.

You understood Bakugo's rage and also Todoroki's side although you didn't know the exact reason why he decided not to attack.

But when Midnight announced the winner, the whole stadium cheered loudly. Except for some people, including you.

You looked down at the fighters. They both looked so broken in a way. You were good at reading emotions - having to cover up yours all the time made it easier for you to determine what's a mask and what's not.

For example - Bakugo's anger was mostly a mask. Behind that was also betrayal, sadness and loneliness in a way. Also a bit narcissism. On the other hand was Todoroki - he looked dull but for all you had noticed, he was sort of empty on the inside.

"Y/n, come on, let's go look around before the ceremony!" Kirishima called you over to him and Kaminari, snapping you out of your mental analysis.

You quickly smiled. "Yeah, coming!"

"So how'd you like it?" you asked your friends while you were walking down the corridor.

"It was really cool although I'll make sure to do better next year!" Kaminari said.

Kirishima nodded. "Me too! I'm planning on improving strategies. What about you?"

You smiled. "I'll get stronger too. I have to improve longer distance control. Also push my limits a bit so I can use the fog more."

"You really know what you're out for, don't'cha?" Kirishima chuckled.

"I do. I'm out for the gold although bronze in the first year is good! I can just go up by a place every year!" you said enthusiastically, flapping your wings a few times out of happiness.

"Challenge accepted!" Kirishima beamed, Kaminari nodding along.

You grinned before you smelled something. "Come on guys! Let's go get some food!"

"Yeah!" Kaminari agreed. "I could really go for some sugar right now! Maybe waffles?"

"Oh my goodness I love waffles," ['Oh my God I love bees!'] you said, speeding off towards a stand. For some fortunate reason you didn't quite understand, they gave the participants free food from the stands. You were happy though.

"Hey! You're Y/n, right?"

You turned around, coming face to face with a rabbit woman. You adjusted the visor on your head, making sure it didn't fall before answering.

"Yeah that's me."

"I'm Rabbit Hero Mirko, I place 5th on the list! I just came to say that your quirk is really cool and I would love to see you in my agency some day!" she said cheerfully.

"Oh, thanks," you smiled back, then looked at the sweets in your hand. "You want a waffle or something?"