CHAPTER 34

"They are not supposed to be bending that way," you muttered.

Your eyes opened.

Hospital again? I must've passed out... you looked around. Wonder where the others are.

With a little pain, you snuck out a feather from under the door. You concentrated on flying it above the doors, listening if your friends were inside.

Unsurprisingly, you heard their voices through the door next to you.

"...kinda feels like a miracle we're even alive," Midoriya finished and you snuck in from under the door. "Hey, guys, look! It's Y/n's feather!" he exclaimed happily when it flew towards them.

"I'm glad. That means she's awake," Todoroki said. You flew the feather over to him and patted his head. You could 'see' him smiling softly.

The door opened.

"Oh. So the injured younglings are awake," an older voice spoke. You saw it was the hero Midoriya had trained with. You bowed in greeting with your feather and floated higher, following the conversation.

Your door opened, making you lose concentration and the feather sped back to you. It was Keigo.

"Y/n! I was so worried! You were out for a day!" he hugged you. "But right now come on, let's get you over to the other room, important speeches will go down in a second there."

You smiled. "Okay then. I'm glad to see you too."

You stood up, your brother holding on to you for support.

"How are your wings?" he asked, eyeing them.

"Still hurt. I figured out the drawback to items though. If items get hit then it also hurts the roots of my wings due to the items originating from there. That's why they bled. Hero Killer had just smashed a whole cage I made," you informed while you two walked.

He nodded before you stepped into the doorway of the other room.

Before you could enter though, a dog-like person went in.

"So you are the students who brought down the Hero Killer," he said.

"We are but not just us, Y/n too. We would've been dead without her," Todoroki answered calmly.

"Right here," you said, pocketing your hands in the hospital gown before walking in. You saw relieved smiles on your friends' faces.

"Stain has some serious injuries. Severe burns and several broken bones," the chief of police said. "Right now he is in the hospital."

Your eyes widened. We're so screwed.

"Here's a lesson you should've already learned," he went on with whatever as you zoned out, already aware of the stuff. Anyways, he ended with: "That's why it's against the law for unlicensed people to use their quirks to cause injury. That means all four of you and your supervisors should receive harsh punishments."

"With all due respect, sir," Midoriya interrupted. "Y/n had nothing to do with the injuries. That's all on us. When she arrived she warned us to only play defensive and didn't even once engage in any harmful combat."

You sent the boy a grateful smile.

"Is this true?" the dog-person questioned the two other boys. Iida and Todoroki nodded.

"In this case," he turned to you, "You and Hawks are free of any charge."

"Thank you, sir," you both thanked in unison.