CHAPTER 24

He simply nodded and watched you go away. Why do I feel like it's definitely something to worry about?

Shiozaki is tricky, you thought to yourself, waiting for the start. Her vines are quick and actions smart. That means what I have to do is be quicker and smarter. ['Deadly nadders are extremely tricky. They're quick and light on their feet. That means you have to be quicker and lighter.' Or something like that, anyways-]

"Start!"

She wasted no time charging vines at you.

"Too slow," you called with a playful laugh, flipping over them. The vines changed direction along with you and you zoomed away.

Only one. Only one single column is following me. It's twisted too so there's no way it could turn into two now because she's using all her hair for one. This means... You flew around her a few times and as expected, she didn't move. But her hair did. It wrapped itself around her.

You landed with a smirk. "Bye-bye," you waved, sending out a few feathers that caught the column that was charging at you and dragged it out of bounds, taking Shiozaki with them.

"Shiozaki is out of bounds! Y/n advances to the next round."

A red feather flew to you and wiggled in front of your face. You laughed a bit and high-fived it, walking out after that.

Hawks also smiled, retrieving his feather from the arena.

Mirko smirked at him. "So are you two a thing?"

"Ew no, that would be pedophilia," Hawks quickly denied, smiling softly after that. "She's more like a sister."

"But you met her today."

"For the first time over a lot of years, yes."

"What do you mean-"

"I don't know if she would be okay with me saying and even I don't know the full details so I can't tell you right now." He said, watching as you disappeared into the tunnel.

***

When you took a seat, Kirishima and Bakugo had already started fighting.

"Weren't you next, Mina?" you asked.

"Yeah but Tokoyami won that super fast so you missed it."

"Oh," you frowned a bit. "Sorry if that offended you."

Kirishima was repeatedly charging at Bakugo, the latter playing it defensive at the moment.

Aaand the moment was over. Bakugo took the perfect moment to strike, using the little moment when Kirishima couldn't keep up his quirk too well.

Several big explosions later, Bakugo won.

You smiled. The third round was about to start. But then you frowned. You were up against Todoroki next. You didn't really want to fight your friend.

But then you sighed in defeat. "All the things I do for... fun? It's not like I'm just gonna give up." You stretched and were off again, but before you could walk, you had an idea.

Why can't I just fly half the way down or something? I've been going up and down the stairs the whole day now, it's exhausting. Or would it be too show off... Nah.

And you jumped over the railing, landing on the tribunes below you lightly.

"I love short cuts," you muttered, jumping down right in front of the entrance to the field and just stood there until it was time to go to the arena.

You stared Todoroki down while Mic introduced you both.

"Good luck," you said.

"Same to you," he answered.

You got your start, him immediately charging with ice.

It would be dangerous for me to go hand to hand combat with him so I should just tire him out. Should be easy enough.

Soon you were simply dodging both fire and ice.

"Come on, Y/n! Fight me with all you've got!" he said.

You smirked. "I've been waiting for that."

With that you rose above the ground and while still dodging the attacks, you fogged the area up.