CHAPTER 36

"Yup. I feel much better now," you said.

Final exams. You weren't nervous. Actually, you were confident as ever about the physical. As for the written part of it - your grades were always around B+ [also known as 4+ and 8] so you weren't too worried. Yes, the League had also taught you what they taught in schools so you could go undercover if needed.

As soon as Aizawa left the classroom, Mina and Kaminari started freaking out. They were the last ones in the midterms. You were surprised Mineta did better than them. You had gotten 6th in the midterms. Not too bad.

Midoriya started encouraging them. You sighed. "I can explain some stuff to you guys if you want to. I'm free Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday afternoon."

"Yeah me too!" Yaoyorozu offered. "I can help you on the days Y/n can't."

"What do you do on the rest of the days, Y/n?" Midoriya asked suddenly.

"First I do homework for the next two days and then I train. Only training on Saturday afternoon. Weekends I just sleep in."

"But why do you train, you're already so good!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"You can always get better. Besides, I have to push my limits so drawbacks don't come as strongly and quickly," you explained.

***

It was lunch time. You had decided to sit with Todoroki and his other friends. Including Iida, Tsu, Uraraka and Midoriya.

"Kinda scared about the practical. I have no idea what it's gonna be," Midoriya said.

You waved him off. "Don't worry, you'll do fine! But if you ever want to train with me then you're more than welcome! Training by myself is getting boring anyways."

"That would be amazing, thanks!" he thanked.

The conversation went on until someone bumped their elbow into Midoriya's head.

"Oh sorry, your head's so big that it's hard to miss," Monoma mocked.

"That's a great compliment! Ever tried saying that to your reflection?" you asked, getting defensive right off the bat. Who did he think he is to go around talking to people like that?

He turned to you. "I heard you guys stumbled upon the Hero Killer."

"What? You wanted me to give him your number?" you countered without missing a beat.

He seemed more irritated. "You do realise that you don't get attention because you're good, right?"

You raised an uninterested brow. "You're jealous."

"I'm not!" he exclaimed.

"Sure," you said, going back to eating your food as he ranted on.

Kendo put an end to it and apologized for him.

"Hi, Kendo," you greeted.

"Hi, Y/n. You did well at the Sports Festival by the way. It's sad that we didn't have the chance to talk more after that," she said before apologizing again and dragging Monoma away. Before that though, she said that the exam is probably gonna be fighting robots.

"I doubt it will. We're definitely more advanced and experienced than any first years before us," you told the table. For some reason, they brushed the comment off, saying something about 'equality' or whatever. Like that ever existed. People just pretend it does.

***

As the lessons ended for the day, you decided to go for a walk before training.

You sent Mr. Aizawa a message and went out of the school grounds.

Walking along the street, you noticed many people looking at you.

"Hey," you heard a whisper. "That's Y/n from the Sports Festival!"

You smiled. So that's fame...

You walked into the park that you've been to once before. You smiled at the memories.

"Hi," you heard a voice from beside you. Turning your head, you saw Shinsou walking beside you.

"Hey. Nice to see you again," you said, coming to a stop.

"You too," he also stopped. You eyed him.

"You seem... stronger? Have you been training?" you said, tilting your head.

"Yeah," he nodded, rubbing the back of his head. "Surprised you noticed, that's not a big change."

"It is a big change, Shinsou!" you said happily. "One training means one tiny step closer to the hero course!" You smiled brightly at him.

"You still think I can do that?" he asked, disbelief in his voice.

"Of course! But you have to believe in yourself more," you added. He nodded.

"Uhh, hey..." he started. "Can I get your number? So we can talk more often."

"Sure."

You exchanged numbers. As he got his phone back, it buzzed. A shadow fell over his face.

"Sorry, it's my mom. I have to go home now."

"It's no worries," you assured, then pointed at your phone. "Talk later, Shinsou!"

Off to train we go.

***

It was the day before the written exam. You were studying with Todoroki in the school's library. Everyone had found their study buddies.

"Hey can you help me with that? I can't seem to get the answer right," you said, pointing at a math equation.

He took a look. "No it's right. But you have to add the minus before the answer," he instructed.

You nodded. "Thanks. Anything you need help with?"

"I can't find Finland on the world map. I think I'm the weakest with Geography," he said, brows furrowing.

"Oh! It's connected to Russia from the left," you said.

"No, that's Estonia."

"Above Estonia."

He looked at the map again. "Oh, thanks."

You nodded and finished maths, starting English.