CHAPTER 29

And with that he flew off, leaving you to go back inside your home.

You were sitting in class, waiting for Aizawa to arrive. For once, you were there before him.

You turned to Todoroki. "Hey Todoroki, what do you think will happen now?"

"I heard we were supposed to get the names of who want to recruit us today. And I guess then we choose who to intern with," he said, looking at you.

You nodded. "You're probably right."

"Hey, Y/n, do you know-"

"Alright class settle down," Kirishima was cut off by Mr. Aizawa. "We have a big class today. Hero informatics."

Half of the class seemed to go on a full-on panic mode.

"You need codenames. Time to pick your hero identities."

And the atmosphere in the room did a 180.

Soon, Aizawa showed the offers on the board.

Y/n: 6380

Todoroki: 4123

Bakugo: 3556

Tokoyami: 360

Iida: 301

Kaminari: 272

Yaoyorozu: 108

Kirishima: 68

Uraraka: 20

Sero: 14

You stared at your number. Almost 6.5 thousand?! Are you kidding me?

"In last years it's been more spread out. But there's a pretty big gap this time," Aizawa said the obvious.

"Y/n got more than Todoroki and Bakugo?" Jirou asked over the complaints, a bit puzzled.

"Yeah it's the opposite of how they placed in the festival," Kirishima added.

"Y/n's power is pretty impressive after all. And they probably weren't excited about working with the guy who had to be chained up at the end," Sero analysed, making Bakugo go feral... again.

"Shut up, Dynamite. No one wants to go deaf," you said with a smirk.

"YOU SHUT UP!" he yelled at you.

"Despite the results, you all will be interning with pros. Got it? Even those of you who didn't get any offers," Aizawa silenced the class again. He then went on about hero names and Midnight barged in half way through that, taking over the explanation.

You all were given whiteboards and you looked out of the window, thinking for a while.

You remembered what nickname Keigo gave you after you got your quirk.

---"Why are you calling me Dove, Keigo?"

"Because your wings remind me of doves. And besides - you're also beautiful. And doves don't attack unless provoked. See! It suits you! It could be your hero name one day!" your older brother laughed as you smiled at him.

"I like it. Maybe I'll make it my hero name."---

Dove...

You wrote down the name and looked around, the others seemed to be struggling a bit.

"Now who is ready to share?" Midnight asked.

You would've but you decided to just keep low until you were called. You didn't want to come off as egoistical or something. You were pretty much on the borderline already so...