Chapter 50.

'You tired?' He whispers as he plays with my fingers. I nod as I look up to meet his eyes. 'You should be in my bed like this all the time. Wearing my top with sex hair.'

'Shush.' I laugh slightly. 'How am I supposed to go home?' I ask frowning. My mum had instructed me to be home by 11 tonight and it was already 10.45. I also could not get up, because my legs were so weak and I couldn't walk for long.

'Oh yeah, shame.' He chuckles. I sigh and roll my eyes.

'Pass me my phone please.' He hands me my phone and I call my mum.

'Hope you're nearly home.' She answers.

'About that, please can you pick me up from Dontae's?' I ask with the sweetest voice.

'No, me and your dad aren't home.' I forgot they went out for Valentine's.

'Ahh, alright. I'll just get bus then.'

'Forget it. If Janet doesn't mind, you can stay the night and come home at a sensible time.'

'Wait, you're giving me permission to stay at a boy's house for the night? On Valentines Day as well?' I ask in a mock tone. Usually she lectures me about staying at Dontae's.

'Don't push it Jayda. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye.' She hangs up, not waiting for my reply.

'Is it alright if I stay over?' I ask Dontae. He nods.

'Yeah b.' He pecks my forehead. 'This weird number keeps calling me.' He mutters to himself.

'Who is it?'

'If I knew that, I would answer init.'

'Don't patronise me.' I slap his arm.

'Don't ruin our day.' He pulls me into his arms. I smile. Dontae was so cute this Valentines Day. I don't really like all of that romantic stuff so he kept it simple. Chinese and Netflix. He had set up the house cutely as well, with petals and candles and stuff.

'I love you.' I say looking up at him as he looked down at me. He kisses my lips.

'I love you too b.' We both fell asleep shortly after.

*

'Answer your stupid phone.' I groan groggily as it rang again, waking me up. He puts it on my cheek and goes back to sleep. I kiss my teeth, and sit up answering it.

'Hello?'

'Hello, is this Dontae Taylor?' A woman's voice was heard.

'Erm, he's asleep right now. Can I take a message?'

'Oh right. It's just we have Chennai Coombes here at Kings College Hospital and she's currently in labour. She keeps asking for Dontae, the father.'

'Oh, she's in labour?' I ask in shock. I thought it was way too early.

'Yes, I know this is quite unprofessional but could you please urge Mr Taylor to come. The baby is 2 months early and Chennai has no family or friends here to help her.'

'Oh, um. Okay, thanks.' I hang up. I didn't know what to do. Part of me felt bad and wanted to go and help her but another part of me really didn't care what happened to her. I gnaw on my bottom lip, contemplating what to do.

'Who was it?' Dontae rolls over, snuggling into me with his eyes closed.

'No one.' I mused lying back down.

'Ahh, I have morning wood. Can you feel it?' He chuckles.

'Stop.' I giggle, moving forward so I wouldn't feel it.