Chapter 42.

'Do you want some food Jay?' I ask wearily. He shakes his head, the same expression that had been on his face for the past 2 days remained. A whole 48 hours later and she was still gone. The police were doing everything, but not enough in my eyes. A 2 year old girl disappeared from her nursery's sports day, and you wanna make enquries? Are you stupid? They should be out searching more.

Jay had come home for a bit as he had a massive argument with Sammie.

'Jay, maybe you should just talk to her. You both need each other right now, theres no point arguing over petty shit when you need each other the most.' I say to him. He sighs deeply. He got up and hugged me close to him.

'What am I gonna do Jayda? My little girl.' And for the first time since we heard the news, he showed emotion. I didn't rub his back or acknowledge the fact that he was crying. He hates showing emotion, and hates it even more when people attempt to comfort him. I stood, hugging him and allowed him to release everything, allowing a few tears to escape my eyes also.

'I'm gonna go see Sam, yeah?' He eventually says, looking at me with no trace of tears on his face. I nod.

'Tell me if anything...' He nods, pecking my forehead before leaving. The house was silent once again. My mum was at work since she couldn't get off at such short notice, despite the situation. Jayden was out God knows where, and my dad was also at work. I picked up my phone, texting Dontae.

Can you come over, please?

Sent: 13.07

He replied back within moments.

Already on my way b

From: Baeeeeee

I smile at my phone, silly buffoon. Within 20 minutes he was at my house.

'How's everyone coping?' He asks as we lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling, my hand in his. I shrug.

'Mum cries, Jayden's forever out, Jay won't even cry, him and Sammie keep fighing. I just miss her so much. I don't understand why someone would do something like this. She must be so scared, she's all alone. What if they've hurt her?' I mutter, my voice broke thinking off the possible scenarios that could take place.

'It'll be alright. I'm praying for you. She's been gone 2 days and you've done everything you can, you've made posters, she's on the news, she's on every social media. The police are doing everything.' He assures me. 'Plus you know how Jaydene is, she can speak for days and she's too cute so I doubt anyone would hurt her.' I smile a bit.

'She speaks too much.' I say smiling faintly.

'And the rants she does in Spanish make you re-evaluate life.' He chuckles causing me to laugh too. 'Did you like my present?'

'Why the underwear?' I ask.

'Lingerie for when we have sex.' He says in a simple tone causing me to give him a look. 'I'm joking, I wanna see if it fits you. Have you tried it on?' I shake my head. 'Try it on now.' He grins.

'Shut up. I don't know where you got this idea that I wanna have sex with you.'

'Maybe cos you told me countless times on your birthday.' He scoffs. 'I remember when I found you at your front door, talking to yourself.' He chuckles.

'Why was I talking to myself...' I start to laugh but stop when I remember something. 'Wait. What did I say to you Tae?'

'What?' I sit up abruptly.

'What did I say to you at my front door?'

'Suttin like some girl said she's sorry and...' He looks at me in confusion then realisation sets on his face. 'And "he took her".'