Chapter 38.

‘Why aren’t you lot talking?’ Corahn asked me again.

‘Don’t worry.’ I muttered as I attempted to get on with my maths work but couldn’t since I could feel him watching me.

‘Nah, cos you’re both being moody as shit and it’s annoying. Either talk and sort it out or stop being so fucking moody.’ He kisses his teeth. I screw him before picking up all my work and moving tables. ‘Wait, Jay man.’ He sighs. I ignore him as I sit on a table by myself.

‘Jayda.’ I heard him say. Why can’t everyone just leave me the fuck alone?

‘I’m really not in the mood right now so please fuck off.’ I say not bothering to look up.

‘Just hear me out Jay.’ He sighs. I peel my eyes away from my maths book to meet his hazel eyes, and I feel my heart pulsate. Why the fuck did my body have to react to him? He licks his lips nervously as this was the first time this day that I had actually looked at him.

‘I know you’re pissed off with me. I swear I didn’t leave yours to go link Elisha, something happened that I can’t say. If you really want to know what happened then talk to Elisha.’ He paused and watched me for a second but my facial expression didn’t change. ‘I’m sorry for not telling you that it involved Elisha but it really aint my business to say.’

‘Okay. I don’t understand what is so deep that you can’t tell me. And maybe I jumped to conclusions but you know I don’t like her in the first place then for me to find out from some random boy that you were with her? Then for me to come to your house to see her in your bed?’ I sigh.

‘Yeah, I should’ve told you it was to do with Elisha but…’ He trails off and sighs. ‘Just come with me after school and she’ll explain to you. Yeah?’ I eventually nod and his face breaks out into a smile. I had to look away otherwise I would’ve smiled too and I didn’t want him to think he was forgiven just yet. ‘Can I have a kiss now?’ I hear him ask.

‘You’re not forgiven yet.’ I scoff. We spent the rest of the maths lesson working in silence, only talking when I had to ask Dontae for help. He was a genius in maths.

‘Are you two talking yet?’ Nia asks me as we left Maths to go to lunch.

‘No.’ I reply.

‘But I saw you talking in maths.’

‘So?’

‘Alright moody Margaret!’ She says just as Jayden wraps his arms around her waist.

‘Nia, my sweet, little darling pooh-bear.’ He says in a sweet voice causing me to retch then burst out laughing.

‘No.’ She immediately says.

‘You don’t know what I was gonna ask!’ He whines.

‘So? I said no.’ She says. He kisses his teeth before tripping her up and walking away. I burst out laughing at how immature my twin is.

‘PRICK!’ She shouts after him, regaining her balance. ‘See what I have to put up with? Why did I ever agree to be in a relationship with him?’ She mutters.

‘You can only blame yourself.’ I shrug.

‘True. Anyway make up with Dontae please. I know he did wrong but if it isn’t his business to tell, he can’t tell you. If suttin happened to Kye or someone, would you tell Dontae?’

‘Yeah, to be honest. He’s my boyfriend, I can trust him.’

‘Even if tho he hates Kye? And it was something really private?’ She asks. I shrug as I actually think. Okay, maybe I wouldn’t.