Chapter 44.

I woke up, checking my phone to see 3 missed calls, 6 whatsapps and 4 snapchats, but none of them were from him.

That's how it's been for the past week. He hadn't attempted to contact me once, and I certainly wasn't going to do it first. It hurt knowing he didn't even care enough to try and patch things up.

I sigh, running my hand through my hair as I sat up. The week had flown by, school was in 3 days, and I was proud to say that I had actually stayed in most of the time and done work. Today was Halloween, and I definitely had to go out since the last time I actually went out was Monday.

I got up and firstly went into Jayden's room, I frown as I realise his bed wasn't slept in which means he didn't come home last night. He had been out nearly every day, and came home at disgusting hours which caused arguments between him and my parents.

After eating, and lazing around in my front room for a few hours, I call Nia.

'You GHOST!' She answers causing me to laugh. 'Nah, it aint even funny Jayda, you ghosted on us.'

'Sorry, I'm back now, be happy.'

'Tru, how's your week been then fatty?'

'Dead, but I've done so much work. What is the motive for tonight, it is a must.'

'Well, I think that boy Akim, is having a little gathering at his house. Just a casjj one.'

'Argh, but he's so irritating.' I groan.

'I know, but us lot are going I think.'

'Who's us lot?'

'Um, me, Keiara, Nia, Princess, Michael, Corahn, JJ and Dontae.'

'Oh.' My face drops at the mention of his name. 'Don't even know if I can be bothered to be honest.'

'No! Jayda, don't you dare. Just cos you had a tiff doesn't mean you can't come out with us.' She tuts. I chuckle slightly.

'Am I that obvious?'

'Yes! Now, I'll come yours in a bit just to make sure you come.'

'Ahh, I will man.' I protest.

'Nah, nah. And what happened with you and Sophie?'

'What do you mean?'

'She's been mentioning your name, a lot. To other people, but you know how people can stir and that.'

'Mentioning my name, how?' I ask confused.

'Well...' Nia hesitates. 'Apparently, yeah, she's been saying to people how you're not a realist, you focus more on your latest man, then your friends. You're a hoe, blah blah.'

'What the hell?' I say astonished.

'I know. And I would say people are just making stuff up, but I've heard her chatting your name.' I sigh and shake my head.

'I don't understand why she would start bitching. I can't even remember the last time I spoke to her.' The only time I recall, is when she attempted to speak to me after me and Dontae's argument, and obviously I was pissed off. How petty.

'Whatever, there's murmurs she's a hoe anyways. And she don't even jam with us lot, probably been chatting about all of us. Forget about it, she aint important.'

'Tru.' I nod, agreeing.

At 4 Nia came to my house as we got ready for Akim's little gathering. It was apparently a littlee drink-up. I don't even want to drink alcohol after my birthday to be honest.

'Wear this man.' Nia says holding up a black bodycon dress.

'No, I'm wearing this.' I say pointing to the outfit on my bed that consisted of a burgundy crop top, grey acid-wash high-waisted jeans with slits and my chunky, cut-out boots. She huffs in annoyance and continues straightening my hair. The gathering started at 5.30, which is when Nia had finished my hair. We still had make-up, and actually getting dressed to do.