Chapter 5.

I moan as my alarm goes off. I had spent the weekend with family and now it was back to school.

I get up and get ready for school. When I go downstairs to eat breakfast, I see a note from my mum saying she's gone to work and she'll be back tonight. She also left me £5 for lunch. I sigh and pick up the money.

I was normally home alone because my mum was always at work and Jayden was always on the streets. I eat some coco pops then leave my house. I see Nia walking so I run to catch up with her.

'Hey.' I say when I reach her. She squeals and grabs me, pulling me into a tight hug

'Where the fuck did you disappear to on Saturday?!' She screams.

'I didn't tell you?' I say feeling guilty.

'No! I came back downstairs to see you gone, and Dontae looked like he was either gonna cry or punch someone in the face.'

'Good, stupid prick. Nia, next time I see him he will hold a strong bang.' I say seriously. She laughs loudly.

'What the hell happened man?'

As soon as we get to the bus stop, the bus comes and we get on it. And guess who's upstairs at the back? The one and only Dontae.

When he sees me, he doesn't even screw, just stares at me blankly. I screw him and sit down near the front. Nia plops down next to me after waving at him.

'What happened then?' She asks. I sigh deeply looking away from her

'We might have kissed.' I mumble quickly.

'PADIN?' She shouts. The whole bus goes silent and watches me and Nia.

'Shh!' I hiss quietly.

'Why you all watching my face like say I'm some programme on TV. Swerve!' Nia says loudly then kisses her teeth. The boys at the back erupt in laugh. When everyone goes back to minding their own business, Nia turns to me and tells me to explain.

'Argh, I may have accidentally inflicted the kiss...' I whisper then explain what happened after; making sure he doesn't hear me.

'Well, you did kiss him then slap him. Why'd you kiss him for? I'll tell you why, you like him!' She says shrugging.

'Nia, don't make me hurt you.' I say. She laughs. 'It wasn't even like that. it was spur of the moment. He started it, why was he so close for anyway?'

'You two are destined man. I don't know why you're not embracing your future. Accept and move on init.' She says. I just ignore her, it was the right thing to do. The amount of shit her mouth generates. When it is our stop we get off and so does the whole batch of boys.

'Oi.' I feel Dontae pull me back. I roughly shrug his hand off me.

'Don't touch me like that. We're not friends.' I say causing him to screw me.

'Shut up and stop acting like a gassed chick for once. I need to talk to you.' He pulls me aside.

'Seriously Dontae, don't touch me like that.' I repeat. Am I side chick to be dragged like that?

All his friends were watching like we were an episode of Eastenders or something. He sighs in exasperation.

'Ay, I'll see you man at school.' He says looking straight at me. His friends nod and continue the journey to school. Nia stands there, undecided what to do. I mouth her to 'stay' but she just smirks and catches up with the boys. Argh! I'm gonna kill her later.

'What?' I say when we're alone.

'Listen yeah, you're pissing me off. Stop acting like you're too prestige or stop talking to me.' He says bluntly. I was taken aback, I was not expecting that at all. I give him a confused look.