The End Part 2

Sorry in advance guys😭

***

'Jayda, you're gonna need to talk to us.' The detective sighs again as he watched the girl visibly shake. He looked at the watch, it was 1am.

'I want to go home.' Jayda mutters.

'I'm afraid you can't just yet, Jayda. This is a murder investigation.' The female detective speaks softly, searching for Jayda's eyes. Jayda looks up at her. 'Do you know who shot Kalim?'

'If you did your job properly in the first place, none of this would've happened.' She spat out harshly. 'My niece and-and my brother..' Her heart twisted painfully.

'Am I under arrest?' Jayda asks after a brief silence.

'No, but we wou-.'

'Then I want to go.'

'We have a few more questions Jayda.'

'I am not under arrest, this is against my human rights. Legally I cannot be kept here. Either arrest me or let me go.'

'Jayda.' Jay leapt to his feet as his younger sister was escorted out of an interview room.

'Where's Sammy?' Jayda asked as she embraced her older brother.

'They're still questioning her.'

'I can't believe this, I need to get to the hospital. Where's Isaiah?'

'With Auntie Janet. Marc's outside in my car. Get him to drive you to hospital, Dontae's with Jayden. Jaydene is at Auntie Janet's.' Jayda nodded, feeling calmer at her brothers calm and collected state, despite everything that had conspired in a few hours. 'Dontae said Nia's in hospital too. Suttin happened.'

'What? What happened?' Jayda panics. Everything was going wrong tonight. Jay shrugs, indicating he had no idea.

'Yo, you cool?' Marc asks as Jayda gets in the car. She nods absentmindedly.

'Can you take me hospital pls.'

'Yeah yeah.' They were at the hospital in less than 15 minutes. 'Call me if you need me to pick you up.'

'Thanks.' She rushes into the hospital, calling Dontae's phone in an attempt to find him, and hopefully Nia and Jayden. Her calls weren't going through however. After speaking at reception for a while, Jayda impatiently decided to find her own way. She knew they would be in accident and emergency.

As she rounded a corner, she saw Dontae being escorted out of a room, shouting and swearing.

'Tae?' She lightly jogged to him, in confusion. His demeanour softened and he turned to see his girlfriend. As soon as his eyes laid on her, his heart broke a little for her, for he knew what she was about to find out would crush her.

'Jay..' He mutters.

'What's going on?' She reached him and peered into the room he was just dragged out of her. Her mouth went dry and her heart stopped.