Chapter 43.

'I don't think you understand how cute that is Jayda!' Liah-Mae squeals. I roll my eyes again. She had been saying this all day. My cousin, Liah, had come to visit me and was staying at mine for the last few days of the holidays. These 6 weeks had flown by.

'Okay man!' I sigh.

'So, do you love him? Like love-love or what is it cos he said it?' She asks with wide eyes.

'No, I think I actually do you know. But what is love? What would you define as loving someone?' I shrug.

'Okay, what do you like about him?'

'Liah.' I whine. She gives me a stern look and repeats her question. I sigh deeply and think.

'He makes me laugh, he makes me happy, like if I was having a shit day, he can turn it around with just one stupid statement. He doesn't pressure me to do anything, he's honest, loyal, can be nice. And he's intelligent, even though he's a roadboy. Do you know how attractive intelligence is? Don't get me wrong though, he's far from perfect. We have arguments over the stupidest things and his temper can be disgusting. When he's pissed off, his attitude is vulgar, and he won't hide it. He starts shit just so I'll retaliate and he's too brave. Imagine he tried to...finger me in public? He pisses me off to the extreme sometimes, but he always knows what to say, and if he's in the wrong; he will apologise. It may take hours, or even days cos he's so stubborn but he will eventually apologise. Oh yeah! He respects me, a lot. He understands what I went through and respects me, but not even cos of that. He just looks at me, or touches me like I'm diamond or something.' I breathe out, Liah looks me, soaking in all the information.

'Wow. What else?' She asks.

'The way he looks at me. He looks at me like I'm perfect, like I'm the most important thing ever. And the little things, like kissing my forehead, or even when he strokes my hand with his thumb. He's been with me through everything, like everything. He's supported me, and helped me since I was 11. I like the fact we don't always have to be touchy? Like I can spend a day with him, just messing around and not focusing on sexual things. He's my best friend too. Oh shit, I don't wanna say anymore cos I'll be talking for years.' I giggle. She looks at me and squeals, jumping up and down

'It's love man. The way you talk aout him. Aww, you should see your face. Too fricking cute man!' I laugh and shake my head.

'But I'm so scared Lee.' I sigh. She looks at me in confusion. 'Is it right for me to be this attached to someone at such a young age? I mean we're only 15. I know we're not gonna be together forever, or happily get married, but why am I so dependant on him? Like, God forbid, if he was to die right now I have no idea what I would do. I feel like I don't even know what love is. Aren't we too young to love each other, and have such a strong relationship?'

'Don't listen to those people who tell you, you can't experience love at such a young age. To an extent I agree. But you two aren't the typical, stupid couples who say I love you after 2 months. You've been together nearly 9 months, and you've only just said it now. And fuck it, you two will be together forever, yes it's gonna be extremely hard and you will go through so many hard times but you two have something people wish to have. Don't waste it cos some people think it's wrong for you to love someone at 15 years old.'

'Alright man! Enough of this serious talk!' I laugh to ease the tension. We decided to have a movie night with the girls since no one was home until tomorrow morning. I can't explain how sickening it is when my parents go on their little "date nights". They spend the whole weekend at a hotel, doing sickening things.

I wouldn't admit it, but I hope when I'm older I will find someone to share love, like they do. I don't know why but I slyly thought it was me and Dontae in the future but I also hoped it wasn't. My dad did leave my mum for nearly 10 years.