The End Part 1

'On the charge of the attempted murder how do you, the jury, find the defendant?'

'Guilty.'

'On the charge of Actual Bodily Harm how do you, the jury, find the defendant?'

'Guilty.'

'Kalim Hayes, you have been found guilty of attempted murder and ABH. Due to the severity of the crimes, and lack of remorse shown throughout these court proceedings, I have no choice but to sentence you to 15 years imprisonment.' The gavel bangs and Kalim is taken down from the docks.

Throughout the court, there were tears of relief. After 3 long months, justice was finally served.

'When he comes out, I'm still gonna dead him.' Jayden rants to his older brother.

'It's done Jayden. Prison will fuck him up.' Jay calms down his angry little brother. Jayden was pleased Jay had prevented him going after Kalim, and had instead let the police do their job for once.

'He's an evil little boy.' Their mother shakes her head as they leave the court. 'Evil.'

**

'How you feeling?' He leaned down to kiss my forehead.

'Fine.' I sigh. I was tired of being in here now. And it had only been a week, how was I supposed to last a month here. My baby was due soon, in about 3 weeks. I was excited but scared.

They had left me go after New Years, but due to me losing a lot of blood they said I'd have to come back a month before my due date. They were worried about me possibly miscarrying, or complications at the birth so I had to 'rest' in hospital until the birth.

'Kalim got 15 years.' Jayden says sitting down.

'That's so good.' I smile, tearing up a bit.

'Have you been crying today?' Jayden frowns at me. I nod a little bit.

'I miss Dontae.' I whisper. Jayden sighs, getting up to hug me.

'He'll soon come around, I promise.' After that night, Dontae was treated and after 2 weeks, he was released. Thank God his injuries weren't life-threatening. But, last week when he was visiting me he had a seizure and collapsed.

They said he had a small bleed on his brain, so they operated on him and he'd been in a coma ever since, they said they could only tell if surgery had been successful when he woke up. I was so scared, the baby was due soon and if Dontae didn't wake up, I honestly didn't know what I'd do.

'It's been a whole week tho.. Can we go and seem him?'

'Look at your fat bump, you ain't meant to be up and about.'

'Please, I'll even go in the wheelchair.' He nods, helping me into the wheelchair then we left.

After 10 minutes we finally located his floor and room. A nurse was checking him over when we entered.

'How is he?' I ask hopefully.

'No change I'm afraid babe.' She gives me a sympathetic smile. She eventually leaves. Jayden wheels me right beside his bed and I take his hand in mine. It was all cold.