Chapter 6.

**FLASHBACK**

Wednesday, 18th August, 2010.

'Dani, come on!' I shouted tugging her along. She giggled and ran beside me.

'Should we go to my house? Junior just came home today! He brought me a present!' She squealed excitedly.

'Yeah! Let's get TaeTae and Jay then go!' I shouted as I ran into my house. I ran into the bedroom I share with Jayden. Dontae's big eyes sparkled when he saw me.

'Hi TaeTae!' I say hugging him. I think I secretly like him...a lot! Dani said it's so bait that I do but I don't think he knows. But I was just happy being his best friend; it didn't matter if he didn't like me back.

'Where you going?' He asked me.

'To Dani's house! Junior's back.' I said putting my pumps on. 'Are you guys coming?' I asked as I was about to leave.

'Um, we'll come later.' Jayden said while focused on his play station. I nodded and ran to Dani's house, just across the road from mine. I knocked on the door and waited.

'Ayy, is dat my lil yunger like Jayda?!'

'Junior!' I shouted and hugged him. He laughed and hugged me back.

'You cool Jay?' He said breaking apart our hug. I nodded. Junior had just come out of prison for doing something really bad...Dani's mum wouldn't tell us till we were older. I still found him slightly scary even though I'd known him all my life. I don't know what it was; it might be his piercing dark brown eyes that stand out against his smooth, caramel skin or his constant change in mood. One day he was fine and the next he's so angry, he turns violent.

'I'm gonna need you to do su'in for me later. You can help me like Dani does, okay?' He said. I nodded uncertainly.

'Like what?' I asked and tilted my head to the side.

'Don't worry. I'll come get you when it's time.' He said and gave me a little smile. I nodded.

'Where's Dani?' I asked.

'In her room.' He said and whipped out his blackberry. My mum said I could have that phone when I start year 7. I nodded and ran up to her room. I saw her seated on her bed, as she wiped her tears.

'Danielle? What's wrong?' I asked as I placed my hand on her shoulder and sat down next to her. She shook her head.

'Nothing. Just, I upset Junior.' She said smiling brightly now. I nodded.

'He says I have to do something for him later.' I giggled. Her eyes turned to fear and she froze. 'D-Dani..?' I whispered softly. She shook her head.

'Um, y-yeah. Me t-too.' She stuttered. 'Maybe, you should go home. It's getting late.' She said quickly.

'No it's not, silly! I just got here.' I said as I laughed. 'Let's play on the Wii!' I said and jumped up then turned it on.

We played Just Dance 2 for hours and then fell down on the floor, tired and laughed helplessly.

'You look like a headless chicken.' I said spluttering with laughter as I clutched my belly.

'You...you are a headless chicken!' Dani says rolling around on the floor, giggling. I wiped the tear away from the corner of my eye as I tried to catch my breath.

'Ay Danielle, Jayda, come. It's time.' Junior said popping his head around the door. His deep voice thundered through the house. Dani immediately stopped laughing and sat up, her big, brown eyes full of fear. She gulped and got up, and clasped her hand in mine. We trailed quietly behind Junior.