Chapter 4.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I answered it lazily.

'Jayda, I'm coming yours ina bit.' Nia's voice was heard.

'Ok bye.' I say hanging up and going back to sleep. She called me straight back and cussed me till I woke up properly.

2 hours later, me and Nia were eating noodles and watching some TV.

'Do you wanna come Kieran's? Free yard.'

'Skeen, for why?' I reply.

'Cos we are not spending the whole Saturday eating noodles and watching Geordie Shore.' She retaliates. She eventually manages to persuade me to come. After getting ready, very slowly, we were on our way.

'Hey guys.' Kieran answers the door. We greet him before going into the front room, where Dontae was. For fuck sake. I gave Nia a look, and she gave me one back confirming she had planned this all along.

'Well me and Kieran will be upstairs.' She says dragging Kieran up his stairs. Dontae gives me a nod which I don't reply to. Instead I plop down next to him and take the remote, and change it to Catfish.

'Say hi then.' I roll my eyes and turn to him.

'Hi Dontae.' I say with a fake smile. He replies with the same fake smile.

We watch TV in silence for a bit, but he had to ruin it.

'Why you here?'

'Not like I wanted to be here, but Nia made me come.' I reply, not taking my eyes off the TV.

'Learn some manners. Look at me when I'm speaking.'

'Pardon? You are who?' I reply screwing him. He smiles.

'Your superior.' He says smugly.

'Rah, big word. well done.' I clap slowly.

'You think I'm dumb init.'

'Okay.' I reply.

'You're irritating.' He says throwing a pillow at me. I weakly throw it back, missing him.

'You make me sick.' I reply.

'You're a hoe.'

'You're the male equivalent.'

'No such thing.' He replies.

'What the hell? Yes there is.' I say looking at him.

'Nah, boys can't be hoes.' He shakes his head.

'I'm not gonna waste my time on such an illiterate.' I mutter, throwing my hands up.

He doesn't reply but I feel his gaze on me. I look at him and raise my eyebrows.

'What? I know I'm attractive but-' He unexpectedly leans down and places his lips on mine. My brain doesn't react for about a millisecond, and I realised I had joined in the kiss. But then I come to senses and pull away. My hand automatically makes a connection with his cheek.

I knew it hurt a lot, since my hand felt like it had pins and needles.

The prick stole my first kiss! How dare he!

Who did he think he was?! He had no right to kiss me! I mean, he has a girlfriend!

'Are you sick?!' I shout standing up. He looks confused for a second before he reacted. He looks at me as if I'd just flushed all his weed down the toilet. His once hazel eyes had turned a dark brown colour, almost black.

I start to leave, since I was so pissed off but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back roughly.

'Who the fuck do you think you are?!' His voice was scarily deep as he shouted.

'No, the question is; who the fuck do you think you are?! You had no right to kiss me!' I shout back.

'And you had no right to fucking slap me. You're so lucky that I...' He trails off and inhales deeply. 'Or I would've fucked you up so badly.' He says then kisses his teeth.

'What do you expect me to do?! Jump up and down? You have a girlfriend!' I say screwing him.

'Then why'd you kiss me back?' He shouts back, silencing me.

'Argh! You're such a prick. Just fuck off, and leave me alone!' I storm out of the house. My face was screwed up as I made my way to the bus stop.

I was partly embarrassed that i had kissed him back, but more angry that he thought that was acceptable.

I mean, we're barely friends but suddenly, were locking lips? Nah mate.

I got into my house, slammed the door shut then start stamping all the way upstairs.

'Woah, what's wrong with you little miss grumpy.' I hear someone say. I slowly turn around and see Jay's big head.

'Jay!' I shout then run back downstairs and jump into his arms. He laughs and hugs me.

'When did you get back from Brazil?!' I ask as he puts me down.

Jay's my brother. He's 19 and he lives with his girlfriend; Sammy, and daughter: Jaydene. Yeah, he is quite young to have a child. He had been visiting our grandparents in Brazil where my baby niece was born and has been living for a year so she's only 1. I hadn't ever seen her in real life, only over Skype and in pictures.

'Earlier today. And yes, before you ask, I did buy you something.' He says. I laugh.

'Is Jaydene here?!' I shout getting excited. I actually adored her. She's so adorable and she's my first ever niece.

'Yeah, with mum in the front...' Before he's even finished his sentence, I run into the front room.

'Tia JJ!' She shouts in Portuguese then hobbles over to me. I pick her up and she giggles and claps her hands excitedly. She was actually so adorable. I don't understand how she could speak English, Portuguese and Spanish fluently even though she's only 2.

'Quão foi o Brasil?' I ask 'how was Brazil?' in Portuguese.

My mum had made sure me and Jayden know how to speak Portuguese and Spanish fluently because she didn't want us to "forget our heritage".