Chapter 2.

'Jay?' My mum called out when she heard the door shut. She always said 'Jay' when she wasn't sure if it was me or Jayden.

'It's me, mum. Jayden said he's going to be late!' I shouted running up the stairs. I went to my room and did all my homework. Then I did my usual routine; showered, ate, read then I got into my bed listening to music. Jayden finally came home at 8.30pm and I heard him getting told off by mum. Then he came into my room.

'There is something called knocking.' I say to him.

'Shut up.' He just stood where he was screwing me.

'What do you want then?!' I said getting ready to throw my Kickers at him. He just grins then sits on my bed.

'Nothing.' He smiles. I eye him suspiciously.

'Muuuum! Jayden's disturbing me!' I shout at the top of my voice. He immediately slaps me, starting a fight.

'Jayden, if you do not leave your sister alone!' My mum shouts after hearing me scream in pain. He kisses his teeth lowly and gets up to leave.

I nod triumphantly then as he was leaving I threw my shoe at him and it hit his back.

'What the fuck?!' He shouts.

'Jayden! What did I tell you about swearing?!' My mum shouts from downstairs.

'Sorry mum!'

I burst out laughing then stop when Jayden turns around to face me, screwing.

'You're gonna pay.' He spat. Then he suddenly lunged at me. I scream and run for my life.

Jayden was the type of person who didn't care if you were a girl or boy or if you were an adult or child, violence was his answer to everything. By this time he had picked up a brush and was chasing me with it.

'No! I'm sorry! Jayden stop!!' I shout ducking as things flew past me and running around the house. He had thrown nearly everything from the bathroom at me.

'If I get up...!' My mum shouts. We both immediately stop. I was breathing hard and holding my stomach because I had a stitch. Jayden glares at me then threw a toothbrush at my head and ran to his room laughing. I kiss my teeth and start to pick up everything he had thrown at me.

We had about 8 tooth brushes even though it was only me, Jayden and mum. We also had an older brother; Jay, but he moved out last year.

My dad had left to apparently 'fulfil his dream' of living in America. He promised he would call us and that we would come over once he had settled down. That was nearly 9 years ago. Once he left, he never looked back. We all hated him, because of him we had to move to this area and Jayden and Jay were involved in gangs but I think my mum had done great without his help.

Once I had finished tidying up I got into bed and fell asleep quickly.

Beep. Beep. Beep. I moan as my alarm rings and slowly get out of bed. I do my usual routine; brush my teeth, shower, do my hair and go downstairs to eat breakfast. I ate my breakfast with Jayden. Then I got my bag and we left.

We bickered all the way to the bus stop, and on the bus, and even off the bus.

I went to wait for Nia outside the corner shop, right next to our school. Finally she came out with a 35p energy drink.

'You know you're obsessed with energy drinks.' I say laughing.

'Whatever! Guess who's in the shop?!' She says excitedly. Before I could answer Dontae and Kieran walk out the shop laughing.

'Urgh.' I groan. Nia finds him 'Sooooo buff it's unbelievable!' Her words, not mine. She thinks that I secretly like him so I act like I hate him. I slapped her when she told me that.