Chapter 37.

'Jayden! We're gonna be late!' I shout upstairs as I stood by the door impatiently.

'Wait man! Do you know how long it takes to look this sexy?' He screws me as he emerges from the stairs.

'The only person who actually ackownledges you is Nia, idiot.' I say as we leave the house, making our way to school.

'Shut up. After mum and dad think you beat on a daily.' He chuckles.

'It's not even funny!' I whine as I punch him. We start play fighting as we reach the bus stop but Jayden doesn't understand the concept of PLAY fighting. He slapped me in my face like I was mandem.

'You're a prick man.' I sulked as I nursed my burning cheek. He fully backhanded me like say I was his sidebitch.

'You get too excited. Thinking you can punch me.' He shrugs. I ignored him as we stepped on the bus. It was packed as usual, with people from our school. My face screwed up as I saw Dontae conversing with Elisha. I hate how close her school is to mine, meaning she was on my bus all the time.

'You alright?' Dontae asks I sit next to him. I nod as he pecks my lips softly. Everytime he showed public displays of affection, I knew I blushed. Up till now, I still blush.

'Hi.' Elisha says smiling at me. I abrupty smile back as Dontae squeezed my hand, silently informing me to be nice.

'What happened to your face b?' He asks in shock as he gently stroked my cheek.

'Jayden hit me.' I say sadly. Dontae bursts out laughing.

'Rah, it must've hurt.' He says.

'Is that all you can say?' I screw him. 'Does it look really bad?' I ask subconsciously. He shook his head. 'Do you have a mirror?'

'Fuck I look like? Do I roll around with mirrors?' He tuts.

'I have one.' SHE pipes up. Sorry, I thought I was in a conversation with Dontae? No? Oh, alright. Dontae notices my facial expression.

'See, Leesh has one.' He says in a patronising tone. I take the mirror out of her hand as I smile.

'Thanks.' I mutter as I examine my cheek. I had a red imprint of a hand that had caused my skin to rise slightly. I gasp as I realise the damage Jayden had done.

'Are you happy? Prick.' I say to Jayden as I hand Elisha her mirror back. He just laughs then continues his conversation with some boy.

'As I was saying Dee, I'm performing on like the last day of school.' She grins.

'Ah is it? Cool.' Dontae nods. The bus journey consisted of an awkward tension everytime me or Elisha conversed with Dontae, as we wouldn't regard each other.

'She makes my skin crawl.' I mutter to Nia as we sat in English. School had flown by and it was now 4th period.

'She sounds like a beg too.' Nia tuts.

'Less of the chit chat please.' The supply teacher said to me and Nia. Since we had finished all our exams, the teachers thought it was acceptable for them not to come to school and teach us. We disregard the supply as we continue talking.

'Anyway, I was talking to Michael yesterday right, and I think he likes you.'

'Me?!' I ask in disbelief. I shake my head as I laugh. 'Nah mate.'

'Nah, seriously. We were just talking yeah, and we started talking about you and Dontae. He immediately acted all distant and barely said 2 words to me.'

'That doesn't mean he likes me...' I mutter not knowing what to think.

'What does it mean then?' Nia asks causing me to shrug. 'Whatever and I think Sophie still likes JJ.' Nia whispers. Everyone now called Jayden 'JJ' and me, 'Jay'.