Chapter 46.

I stirred in my sleep, opening my eyes. I yawn and stretch. I had had the weirdest dream last night; that Dontae came back and I lost my V, it was so vivid. I look down to see the unfamiliar covers.

My frown deepens as I realise I was just in a big top, with no underwear on.

No.

No, no no.

I look next to me to see Dontae snoring lightly. It wasn’t a dream. We had sex last night. I attempt to get up but wince at the uncomfortable feeling down below. I felt Dontae stir, and didn’t give eye contact when I felt him watching me.

‘Jayda.’ His sleepy voice sent shivers down my spine. I turn to him and give him half a smile.

‘Morning.’ I say awkwardly.

‘What’s wrong?’ He frowns. I shake my head.

I really wanted to regret it, but honestly I didn’t. I was actually ready, and honestly it wasn’t a bad way to lose my V. But I was so annoyed at the situation. I gave into him as soon as he came back. It’s like he said a few words, and I let him sleep with me. He shuffles closer to me and wraps his arms around me.

‘I’m sorry.’ He whispers in my ear. I lazily rest my head on his shoulder. I would’ve moved away, but the slight movement would’ve caused me to feel more discomfort.

After trying for a while, I got up immediately texting Jay to pick me. I put on my clothes from yesterday deciding I would have a soothing bath at my own house.

I didn’t want to stay as that would mean we would have to talk about this, and I honestly didn’t want to. I would rather avoid the awkward conversation until a later date.

‘Are you sure you can’t stay for a bit?’ He asks as we got to the front door. I shake my head, not giving him eye contact. ‘I’ll see you soon then.’ He pecks my forehead as I’m leaving. I don’t reply as I walk out to Jay’s car. I think I was walking normally but from the weird look Jay gave me… I was shitting bricks as I got into his car. I prayed and hoped he wouldn’t ask, or realise anything.

‘Why’d you end up here?’ He asks.

‘Dontae was with me when I was locked out, and told me to come back to his.’

‘Ohoh.’ He nods. Throughout the journey, I rested my head on the window, and at nearly every red light, I could feel Jay’s eyes on me.

‘Thanks Jay.’ I say as we reach home. He nods slowly, watching me.

‘Is mum and dad in?’ He asks.

‘Hopefully.’ I shrug.

‘Cool, bye.’ He says. I smile at him before getting out the car. I focus on my walking as I walked to the front door, as I knew Jay would be watching me.

‘Where did you disappear to?’ Jayden asks when he opens the door.

‘I didn’t have bloody keys did I.’ I say as I get into the house. He laughs.

‘Mum and dad are still at Auntie Tola’s.’ He informs me. I nod, trailing up to the bathroom to have a long bath.

‘Why you walking like that?’ He shouts after me.

‘I slept awkwardly.’ I say too fast, my heart beating fast.

‘You look like a retard.’ He chuckles. I shake my head, sighing in relief as I get into the bathroom. I start running my bath, using some of my mum’s special bubble bath. I go into my room to get my towel when my phone rings.

‘Yes?’ I answer grumpily.

‘Fix your attitude man.’ Kalim’s voice seeps through my speakers.