Chapter 56.

'Amari! I've missed you.' I squeal as I spun him around and planted punchy kisses all over his face. He squealed and giggled excitedly. Jaydene then started whining as she was jealous. 'Aw, come Jayd.' I pick her up in my other arm and plant kisses on both their faces, laughing at their cute giggles. 

'I missed yew too.' Amari says after I put them both down.

'Missed me too!' Jaydene screeches, she's so jealous.

'Are you staying?' I ask Dontae. He nods, his eyes trained on his phone.

'Jaydene come give your favourite Uncle a hug fam.'

'Hiiiiiii.' Jaydene says running to him and hugging him.

'How you been princess?' He says as he lifts her up and kisses her cheek cutely. She nods and he places her down on the floor.

I put on some children's programme for Amari and Jaydene and watched as they nattered away and watched TV. They were cuties.

'Did you get home okay yesterday?' I turn to Dontae.

'Yeah, did you get anymore cramps?'

'Nah, not since yesterday.'

'Good.' He gives me a smile before going back to typing on his phone. 'Jayden was chatting to me bout Nia uno.'

'Saying what?' I sit next to him, with my legs crossed and facing him.

'He's finally gotten over her cheating.' He says locking eye contact. I felt a bit awkward since it was a bit similar to our situation.

'Oh really? So does he wanna try again or?'

'Nah, he's forgiven her but never that again, if you get me.' I nod in understanding. 'I didn't think he'd get over it uno.'

'Well he would've had to sometime. I mean it's not like he's never cheated on girls before.'

'That doesn't excuse it tho.'

'I know but I'm just saying, even tho it was completely wrong of Nia, now Jayden knows how it feels when he's cheated on all those other girls.'

'So, what does that mean for me. Did I deserve it?'

'No Dontae.' I sigh, not really wanting to talk about it. 'Can we not?'

'Cool.' He nods.

*

As a whatsapp came through on my phone, I frown and pause laughing at Dontae's shit joke.

'What's wrong with your face?' He snatches my phone from my grasp and pree's.

'Dontae, give it back.' I reach forward to take it back, hoping he hadn't seen the message.

'Rah, you're talking to Kalim now yeah?' He says scrolling, and I knew he was on me and Kalim's chat. I knew from the tone of his voice, the peaceful couple of hours of us joking about had disappeared.

'I'm not.' I say trying to snatch my phone back but he holds both of my wrists with one hand. 'Stop Dontae.'

'Why haven't you deleted his number? Why do you still have the chat?' He glares at me. I really wanted to tell him it actually wasn't his business but he already looked like he wanted to slap me.

'I'm not replying to him, am I? You can see its him hollering.'

'You're obviously giving him a reason to holla.' After doing some tapping, he locks my phone and hands it over to me.