Chapter 10.

By the time Mass is finally over, it's lunch.

I was walking to my locker with Nia and Jordan. I hadn't seen Che since this morning at break. I was casually putting my books in my locker when I felt icy, cold water splash all over my back. I'm so shocked I can't even react. I turn and see Dontae laughing with a water bottle in his hand. Jordan burst out laughing then spudded Dontae.

'What the rassclaart?!' Nia shouts causing everyone to look at us.

'I am going to kill him.' I say slowly. Dontae ran off with Jordan and I didn't see them for the rest of lunch and my back was soaked for the rest of lunch. At least no one could see because of my jumper. My school uniform was actually alright.

Girls wore a black skirt, a grey jumper with 2 black lines at going round the neck part, grey socks or tights, a black blazer with the school logo and a white shirt. I wore shiny black, ankle kickers and over the knee socks.

I go to my last lesson which was English. I hate it, it's so boring. I was walking out of school with Nia and Jordan and we decided to stop off by the shops.

'Jordan...' I say sweetly batting my eyelashes. He kisses his teeth.

'Only a pound man.' He says handing me a pound coin. I grin at him then turn to Nia.

'Bitch, swerve.' She says. I sigh and just use Jordan's pound then my 2 pounds. I brought Skittles, Bulldog, Fizzy Fangs, Galaxy, Strawberry Lances and loads of sugary sweets. Being the nice best friend that I am, I brought Dontae his favourite non-alcoholic drink; Rubicon mango, and he calls himself a "badman". I was so hyper on the way home.

'Jayda! Calm the fuck down fam.' Jordan says as I run up and down the street. I giggle then hiccup.

I got into my house with Nia and Jordan to be greeted by lots of noise. I walked into the front room and saw Jayden's gang. I had never actually tried to associate myself with any of them and since I was hyper I thought, why not?

I sat down in between two boys I had never seen before then put my arms around them.

'What's a gwarning my young gees?' I ask in a deep voice then hold out my fist to them. They burst out laughing but spud me.

'You kl Jayda?' One of them asks me.

'Yess Paul, I'm cooler than ice.' I nod. He just looks at me like I'm speaking Chinese.

'What did you feed my sister?' Jayden says to Jordan. I laugh then get up.

'I need a drink.' I say as I feel all my energy drain out of me. That's my sugar rush done. I walk into the kitchen and pour myself a cup of juice.

'Jayda!' Dontae says hugging me from behind.

'You're such a girl Dontae.' I say laughing then turning around to hug him properly. I stare into his eyes without realising then quickly let go before he realises.

'Low me some.' He says staring at my drink.

'There is some in the fridge...Go get.' I say smiling at him. He kisses his teeth.

'But I want that one!' He whines whilst pointing at my cup. I laugh and back away. He moves closer to me until there's no space between us. My breath quickens as he stares into my eyes and I find it hard to look away. He's so close to me that his breath tickles my cheek, it seems like he's gonna kiss me. The way my heart race increased confirmed the things I had been feeling these past few days.

He suddenly grabs my drink then runs to the other side of the kitchen and downs it.

'Dontae!' I scream then run after him. He laughs and gives me back my empty cup. 'Fuck you.' I say folding my arms and facing away from him.