49: Different

"She did what?!" Byul roaringly asked Jeongyeon.

"It was not her intentions Byul, don't overreact." Jeongyeon calmly answered.

"What do you mean overreact? Did you hear your what you are saying?!" Byul exaggerates.

"Yeah. Seulgi didn't expected herself to did that too." Jeongyeon replied.

"But she did! She cheated on Irene with Krystal! What the fuck you are saying that she didn't expected that! She did! She's a cheater!" Byul was fuming now.

She's really not a fan of cheating. She hate cheating, all of them actually. She really value girls just like what her father taught so she's really angry on what Seulgi did to Irene... worse was with her friend too, Krystal.

"Are you invoicing me?" Jeongyeon scoffs. It triggers her because she's guilty on what she did to Nayeon back to their college days.

"Why? I triggered you with the word 'cheater'?" Byul retorted.

Jeongyeon clench her jaw and balled her fist to punch her friend but before it happens, Seulgi entered her office.

"Hey! What's happening here?" she innocently asked, not noticing the tension in the room.

Byul look at her with disgusting face and take a steps to get near to Seulgi.

"I know what you did, Seulgi. You disappoints me. I thought you hate cheating but you ate your own words. Think your family first, especially Irene before doing such thinks like that! She's fucking carried and carrying your child and what did you do? You betrayed her? I'm older than you remember that and as your friend, I don't want to tolerate you! Just fucking do your part. If you love your family, choose them, and if you love Krystal, choose her. And if you choose your family, set a boundaries and limitations to your friendship with Krystal." Byul stated and directly leave the office but stopped when she hear Seulgi replies.

"Krystal is my friend."

Byul chuckled and shake her head "I'm your friend too, but we never made out." then she leave thw office.

After Byul left, Seulgi sits in the vacant seat.

"I don't know what to do anymore." she sighs.

Jeongyeon went to hear and pat her shoulder.

"Even I don't like what you did, still you are my friend. I see myself in you and I was there before in your shoes."

"What the heck I'm thinking that time! I shouldn't kiss her." Seulgi chokes.

"I believe in you. I'm here for you. Make things go back in there proper place. Work things out for Byul, Seungwan, Jisoo, especially to Irene and your children." Jeongyeon advises knowing all of the people she mentioned were disappointed and mad at Seulgi. It's only two of them against everyone.

"Thank you." Seulgi only replied, she's really lucky that Jeongyeon is still with her despite on what she have done.

Daegu, South Korea

Irene's POV

It's been three days when I get back here with Sooyoung and Yerim.

Karina and Winter weren't able to go here with us because they have classes but they will go here if it's weekends.

We are staying here in our house with my dad. He's really happy when I told him that we are staying here for awhile but interrogates me when he didn't see Seulgi with us. I don't spill anything.

"You're spacing out." I flinch a bit when I hear him.

"Sorry... just thinking something." I smiled.

"Seulgi?" he asked but I didn't answer. "You can share your problems with me, Joohyun-ah. Even you had children already and adult, you're still my little princess and I'm still your father. Just like before, you can tell it to me and I will listen intently." Mr. Bae assures his daughter.

Later on Irene can't hold it and tell everything to her father. She's crying like a child now to her dad's torso and Mr. Bae just coaxing her crying daughter.

"It hurts so much. I can bear it when it's only me who knows but when the twins were involve, I can't dad. I can't bear seeing them hurt and crying like that day." Irene hiccups in every words she's saying.

"I understand. Just like me, I don't want my child seeing hurting and crying, so stop crying now. I love you so much that I can kill by myself Seulgi after what she did to you and to my granddaughters."

"Yah, don't kill her. Sooyoung and Yerim needs her."

"I'm just joking around." Mr. Bae chuckles and smile when he finally shifts Irene's emotion.

"But seriously, how come you didn't react the same way when Junmyeon did the same thing?" Irene is curious why.

"You want to know why?" Irene nods "Your ex-boyfriend and Seulgi was far different. First, on the way they treat you. In that man, I don't want to mention his name, he treated you like you're his doll while Seulgi treating you like you're a gem, a queen. I always see that. Second, they did not do the same thing. That asshole impregnated your friend while Seulgi just kissed her friend that based on you have noticed to that girl, that has a thing for Seulgi. Though it's different, what Seulgi did was still a no no for me." Mr. Bae discussed.

"Yeah." Irene mimics.

"I'm not in Seulgi's side nor yours. Yes you are my daughter but we don't hear Seulgi's side too. Don't ruin your marriage because of that misunderstanding. She really loves you and I can assure you that princess. Temptation is everywhere and Seulgi is only the lots of people have bait. Try to see it in the other side, maybe you are lacking in something too that's why she have done that. Again, I'm not into anyone's side. Just rest your mind and heart. Sort things out after both of you are ready to do it. Be strong. Also, stop crying. It's bad for your health and for my grandchild. Think of him or her too. By the way, do you know if it's a boy or girl already?" Mr. Kang softly caressing Irene's baby bump.

"Not yet dad. I was scheduled next week to Dr. Lee Sunmi in Seoul. Can you accompany me there?"

"Of course. It's supposed to be Seulgi but I want it too so I will go with you. How many months this baby Kang now?"

"5 months, Jen was 6, and Yongsun's due is next month."

"Bestie goals, eh?" Mr. Bae teases.

Both of them are laughing heartily when Yerim show up in the living room with her messy hair while rubbing her eyes.

She directly sits in her mom's lap and hug rest in het chest. Not a long time, she have fallen asleep while tightly hugging her mother.

"She's really clingy kid." Mr. Bae commented.

Irene agrees and momentarily kissing Yeri's head as they continue talking. Both of them stops when they heard Yeri say something.

"Dada..." Yeri mumbles.

happy december 1st. how was this story so far, hm?

sorry for the errors hihi.