54: Compliment

Irene's POV

Seulgi agreed with me when I told her that I wanted to be here in my hometown until I gave birth. So, that means the twins can't go to their school. Teacher Sana allowed me to excuse Sooyoung and Yerim from her class for only two weeks, and that's the conflict.

We decided to transfer the twins to one of the schools here, specifically, the school Jennie and I attended from kindergarten to high school.

"Dada will go with us, mommy?" that was Yeri.

Sooyoung is still taking a bath. Karina is with her, helping her.

"No, baby. She has a meeting today with your daddy Byul. Dada promised that she'd go home for lunch."

She pouts. I expected that.

"Where we'll go?" That's Sooyoung this time, with her soprano voice.

I sigh, "Joy... you don't need to shout." 

She really has the potential to be a singer.

"Sorry, mommy," she said, making a peace sign. "Where will we go, mommy?" she asked again, this time in a normal voice.

"Mommy and Mama Jen's school." I answered.

"School? I thought we'd go to a park or playground. " Sooyoung pouts.

"I will enroll you there... and there's a playground there, as far as I remember"

"Is Teacher Sana there?" Yeri asked me.

"That's why we are going there. So, you two will go with mommy."

"Nana unnie will not go with us?" Sooyoung asks while Karina is helping her to put on her clothes.

"Aunty Winter will arrive before lunchtime, so Nana unnie needs to be here to welcome her." I smirked at Karina, and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Mom..." Karina whines.

"What? Are you allergic now to hearing the name "Winter"?" I cackle.

"Arghhh!"

-

Karina volunteered to go with her mom and sisters, since Seulgi couldn't accompany them. She worries if her pregnant mother can handle her two hyper-energetic sisters.

Though Karina can drive, Irene still won't allow her to drive for them. So in the end, they decided to just take a cab.

While they were waiting for one, Bogum suddenly showed up with his car.

"Are you going somewhere? I can drive you there." he's asking Irene.

"Yes, I will enroll Joy and Yeri today. No thanks, we'll just take a cab." Irene refused.

Bogum sighed, "Still the stubborn Bae Joohyun, eh?" he laughs.

"Mommy's name is Kang Joohyun, uncle." Sooyoung butted in, correcting Bogum.

Karina burst out laughing but quickly stopped when her mom's eyes widened, possibly as a glare.

Bogum let out a dry laugh, but still insisted that he must drive them to the school where he graduated too.

The 15-minute ride was full of Irene scolding the twins for being naughty and even Karina, who's not an exception. She keeps rolling her eyes whenever Bogum initiates a conversation with her or when she notices how he keeps stealing glances at her mom.

-

The twins are already enrolled. Irene and Bogum are not expecting to see their former teachers.

They found themselves inside the faculty room while Karina, Sooyoung, and Yerim refused to go with them.

"We're glad to see you again, Bogum-ssi and Irene-ssi. How are you two? What are you doing here, by the way?" the teacher asked in her 50s.

Irene smiles, "Bogum and I are... good. I'm actually enrolling—"

"Your kids?"

"Yes ma'am and sir." Irene smiles, seeing and talking to her former teachers, feeling nostalgic.

"I see." the other teacher says.

Suddenly, Sooyoung go to her mom, panting.

"Mommy, I saw the playground you told me about earlier. Can I play there with Yeri?" She hugs her mom's legs.

The teacher giggles, "Yes, you can, kiddo. Just make sure there's someone to watch over you." says one of the teachers.

"Mommy? I'll go with Nana unnie." Sooyoung looks at her mom for confirmation.

Irene nods, "Okay, enjoy!"

Then, Sooyoung quickly dashed out of the room, but stopped when she heard what her mom's teacher had said.

"You have a beautiful daughter there, Bogum-ssi."

Irene's eyes widen, and she is ready to correct the teacher, but Sooyoung speaks first.

"Yes, I am beautiful, Ahjumma. Thank you for the compliment. But he's not my dada. My dada has smaller eyes than him, and as much as I don't want to say it, dada is more handsome than him. That's why mommy is so in love with dada." Sooyoung's face is obviously flat, "My dada's name is Kang Seulgi, not uncle Bogum... bye!" then she leaves.

All of them became silent, their jaws dropped, and they were obviously embarrassed by what they heard, especially Bogum and the teacher.

-

Seulgi's POV

I was so nervous before my meeting with Byul. Of course, I know how she's furious at me. Then maybe, I'll receive an unexpected punch from her. But thankfully, we're okay now, and she's here with us to have lunch. She said she missed the girls.

"Yongsun's due is next month, I'm getting nervous each day." Byul shared.

"You want tips?" I smirked.

Irene smacks me, "What tips are you saying? You looked more miserable and messy than me when we were in the delivery room!"

"Of course, I'm dead worried about you and our babies!"

And she throws the remote she's holding at me. Ouch!

It's so hard to defend yourself against a pregnant woman.

"Are you shouting at me?!" she shouts.

Byul silently laughed at me, "No, my wife... I was just practicing to hit the highest note in the song Queendom by Red Velvet, so I tried it now... hehe." please, believe me.

"I like that song." she commented.

Byul is really laughing at me. What an evil friend of mine."

"That's a beautiful song. So as you, love." again. please, believe in me!

Thank God, she smiles now, "Thank you." she said. Phew!

"But really, Byul, you should be calm and prepared. Though I was a bit delirious when Joohyun was giving birth to the twins, hehe." I advise.

"Yeah, but I admire your calmness when Irene's water broke when we were drinking that time. If I'm in that position, I will surely freak out." Byul shakes her head.

"Well, thank you for the compliment. Much appreciated." I winked at my wife.

She stands up and leaves Byul and I here in the living room. Both of us just stare at her until she disappears.

Wow, magic.

Byul looked at me and say, "Honestly, sometimes I want to smack Yongsun, put her in the box, tape it, and send her to Mars for being so moody. Did you consider doing that to Irene too, Seul?" then she laughs.

-

hello!    •‿•

- Author Y.