51: The Call

While Irene is fixing Sooyoung's sleep because the little girl was a bit uncomfortable, Yeri is busy flipping the pages of the story book that her mom is reading to them, as if she can read the content of it on her own.

"Oh my gosh, Joy! You're so heavy." Irene is struggling to move her daughter.

When she's finally done, she gets the book from Yeri and continues to read for the latter to sleep faster.

"Mommy?" Yeri interrupts.

"Yes, baby?" Irene responds.

But instead of saying her thoughts to her mom, Yeri suddenly sobbed. That made her mother panic a bit.

"Why?" the mother embraces her daughter and pats her back to coo her. "Are you hurt or something, hm?" she asked.

Yeri just cries silently while her mother is patting her back. She doesn't want to disturb her unnie from sleeping.

"I miss dada..." the hiccups in every word are present when the crying little girl states that.

Irene knows.

Irene knows that the twins miss Seulgi, especially Yeri, and even though Sooyoung will never admit it because she's kind of upset with her dada, she knows her first born misses Seulgi too.

"What do you want mommy to do?" Irene asked her daughter softly.

After Yeri calms down a bit, she looks up at her mother, pouting with tears in her eyes.

"Can you call her for me, mommy?" Yeri requested, still pouting.

"You want mommy to call dada?" Irene clarifies her daughter's request.

The little girl nods while her mother sighs.

Irene temporarily blocked her wife on all her social media accounts and also blocked her phone number from her phone because she wanted to temporarily separate herself from Seulgi and also to have some peace of mind.

It's been almost a week since the twins saw and talked with Seulgi, and whenever the latter tried to contact her father to get information about her wife and kids' condition or just simply to talk with them, she restricted herself and the twins to talking with their dada. She doesn't want to be an antagonist for the trio, but she just wants Seulgi to learn her lesson. She cheated, so Irene is showing her what she will lose if she continues to make the same mistake.

"Please mommy. I m-miss dada so mu..much mommy..." Yeri clasped her hands and repeatedly said "please' to her mommy to agree.

Irene heaved a deep sigh. She doesn't want to lower her ego by calling her wife, but she can't bear seeing her daughter crying herself out just because she wants to talk with her dada.

"Okay." Irene dejectedly agreed. "But... it's almost 10 PM. If Dada doesn't answer it three times, we will sleep. Understand?" she added.

The little girl frantically nods while smiling cheekily. Her monolid eyes, which she inherited from Seulgi, almost disappear.

After Irene unblocked Seulgi's number, she immediately dials the latter's number.

On the other hand, Yeri is excitedly waiting for Seulgi to answer the call. There is so much excitement that her head is almost blocking the screen of Irene's phone.

"Baby, I can't see it..." Irene adjusted her daughter's head for her to be able to see the screen.

On the first call, Seulgi didn't pick up.

"Mommy, why is dada's name on your phone Kang Slowgi?" Yerim innocently asked her mother.

She read Seulgi's contact name on her mom's phone slowly because she still can't read that fast. She was curious when she read the name flashing on the screen showing 'KANG SLOWGI🐻❤'.

"I wanted it that way, so I set that up like that—" Irene wasn't able to finish her sentence when Seulgi answered the call.

On the phone:

"Hello Hyun?" — Seulgi

She became nervous at the moment, so she quickly handed the phone to Yeri.

"Hello, dada?!" — Yeri excitedly greets Seulgi.

"Oh hi baby, I miss you. How are you?" — Seulgi

There's a bit of tiredness in the way Seulgi is talking, and Irene clearly noticed it. Even though she's in a cold war with her wife, the care is still there.

"I'm okay. Sooyoung unnie and I are playing with Sungjae oppa and Crush oppa here. Their mommies are working here at grandpa's farm dada." — Yeri happily shares her day with Seulgi.

"My babies are happy there in grandpa's house. By the way, where's Joy unnie?" — Seulgi tries to match her tone the way Yeri talks.

"She's here beside me and mommy. She's sleeping and her mouth is open." — Yeri

Seulgi chuckles on the other line because of how innocent and honest Yeri is.

The duo talked for 15 minutes before Yeri dozed off without her knowing it. While the two were talking, Irene went to the comfort room to pee.

When she notices that Yerim is sleeping and the call is still ongoing, she picks it up without hesitation.

"Hello? Hello baby? Hello? Yerim-ah, baby?" — Seulgi was about to end the call because she thought Yeri was sleeping now.

"Hello Kang Seulgi?!" — Irene arrogantly said, masking herself while, in reality, her chest was near to exploding because of the nervousness.

"H-hyun?" — Seulgi is 500% scared."

Yerim is sleeping now. I'll end this call now." — Irene said in monotone, that's why Seulgi is really scared for her life now.

"Wait wait wait!" — Seulgi bravely stops Irene.

"What?" — Irene

"I.. uh... can... I t-talk to you." — Seulgi

"We are talking now." — Irene

"Yeah, y-you're right hehe. I was wondering if.. uh.. tomorrow you know... you a-are... you are scheduled for.. for ultrasound, right?" — Seulgi

"Yeah, what about that?" — Irene

"Can I... uh... can I accompany you?" —Seulgi hesitantly asked.

Irene didn't say anything, she just sighed, but Seulgi clearly heard her.

"If... if you're uncomfortable, it's okay. "I'll... I'll... I'll... uh... I understand." — Seulgi tries to hide her disappointment in her voice.

She really wants to attend to everything for their unborn baby, but she knows it's impossible now because of that mistake she did.

"Okay. Don't think that we're okay, like 'OKAY!', understand?" — Irene said with authority

"Yeah yeah." — Seulgi happily answers

"I just want Yeri to be happy, and I want you and Sooyoung to make peace with each other. I know she misses you as much as Yeri too." — Irene explains

"Yeah yeah yeah. So.. uh... I will fetch you there tomorrow?" — Seulgi

"It's up to you." — Irene

"Okay." — Seulgi

"I will end this call now. I really want to sleep." — Irene yawns.

"Yeah, okay. See you tomorrow." — Seulgi happily announced

"Hm." — Irene

Irene lay in between Sooyoung and Yerim and was about to end the call when,

"Sorry for what I did. I really love you so much, love. I miss you, Joohyun-ah, I miss you too, baby. Stay safe while you're with mommy, okay?" — Seulgi softly raps.

Irene is so sleepy that she can't really comprehend what Seulgi said, but the 'I really love you so much, love' was heard by her, and that's the reason for her smiles before she closes her eyes.

 madam eneri nyo marupok.

ADVANCE MERRY CHRISTMAS READERS! ❤

-Y