52: Check-Up

u guys are requesting for it, so here it is...

The Kangs arrived at Sunmi's clinic. Seulgi and Irene are kind of awkward around each other, especially the latter, but they try their best to not to for the kids.

Yeri is very happy because, finally, after almost a week without seeing her dada, she's finally with her. She didn't take seriously that 'Seulgi kissed another girl' thing because Seulgi immediately apologized to her.

However, Sooyoung was still not in the mood to talk with her dada. She's just talking to Seulgi if necessary.

Irene's POV

We are here now, waiting outside of Dr. Lee's clinic. She's currently doing a checkup, so we'll wait for my turn.

"Are we visiting aunty Sunmi here, mommy?" Yerim suddenly asked me.

"I guess so, baby... but mommy has a schedule to see aunty. We will know today if you and Sooyoung unnie are going to have a little sister or a little brother." I explained.

Yeri just bobbed her head, showing she understands.

Then a nurse came and called my name.

"Mrs. Kang Joohyun?" the nurse calls me.

"That's me." I raised my hand.

What Seulgi did surprised me, I'll admit that. She immediately supported me by holding my hand and my waist for me to stand up.

I know this is one of her ways to get me again. She used to do these sweet gestures for me before, whenever she did something that made me upset.

As Dr. Lee's assistant called Irene, she assisted her to go inside while Seulgi was carrying Yerim in her arms and Sooyoung was just walking holding Irene's hand.

"Oh hi Seulgi-ssi..." the doctor greeted the latter.

"Oh hi Dr. Lee..." Seulgi imitates the tone of the doctor's voice.

The doctor also greeted the kids while doing the check-up.

The twins had a lot of stories that they gladly shared with their aunty doctor. It seemed like 80% catching up, 20% check-up, but they enjoyed it.

When the gel was applied to Irene's belly, unexpectedly, someone called Seulgi.

Even though Irene and Seulgi aren't on good terms, Irene gets annoyed when it rings nonstop. In the end, she dejectedly allowed Seulgi to take the call.

After Seulgi went out to take the call, Irene and her doctor had the time to talk since the little girls were busy eating the chocolate cookie that Dr. Lee gave.

[ let's assume that Sunmi is older than Irene here. ]

"Come on, baby Kang, please don't hide it. We need to know if you are a girl or a boy." Dr. Lee mimics as she travels the thing in Irene's belly.

Irene laughs at what she heard. She caresses the side of her belly and tells her baby what Sunmi said, as if he or she can understand her.

"Show yourself to aunty baby. Show it to mommy." Irene talks to her unborn baby.

"Show it to aunty if you have 'tutu' or 'meowmeow'." the doctor repeats the circling movements again.

"Tutu? Meowmeow?" Yeri asked curiously.

"Mommy are we having a puppy or a kitten?" Sooyoung added.

The two adults laugh heartily at the twins' question.

"I can't with your daughters, Rene." Sunmi repeatedly shakes her head.

"That's what I'm dealing with every day, unnie." Irene said, chuckling.

"No doubt, they are Kang Seulgi's daughters!" the doctor declared.

"Indeed." Irene agrees easily.

They shared a hearty laugh again when Sooyoung asked the same question. The kid was really into 'tutu' and 'meowmeow" things. What a curious, cute little girl.

"Oh my go— congratulations, Rene!" Sunmi cheerfully announced.

Seulgi's POV

The one who called me was none other than Lisa.

She just called me to say that she had finished assembling Leo's Lego.

Nice, wasn't it?

Joohyun was annoyed at me because of that freaking chopstick!

If I see you or just happen to run into you, I will undoubtedly cut your—

"Congratulations, Rene!" I heard Sunmi unnie's excited voice.

So, I quickly ran inside to find out what was about to be congratulated.

Seulgi really ran and went inside. She saw the twins talking with their aunty Sunmi, while on the other side of the room, Irene was wiping her tears away.

So, she immediately walks to where her wife is sitting.

"Hyun?" Seulgi is as soft as marshmallow and as sweet as honey calls.

Irene looked up at her and suddenly hugged her. You can assume that the pregnant lady is crazy because she's crying and at the same time laughing on Seulgi's shoulders.

Though the latter was surprised, she wasn't expecting her wife to be hugging her right now, the one that was giving a deadly gaze earlier.

"Seul...?"

"Hm?" Seulgi comforts her wife.

"It's a.... it's a boy." Irene wipes off her tears.

Seulgi's small monolid eyes tripled in size when she heard what Irene told her.

"A boy? It's... it's... a b-boy?" Seulgi is making sure if she misheard it or not.

Irene nods.

It's her turn to be surprised when Seulgi kneels down, gently caressing and kissing Irene's baby bump.

"Hi little man... oh my gosh! I can't— I love you. Thank you for granting my wish. Please be good to mommy and be healthy, hm?" and she kisses Irene's belly again.

The latter was trying her best not to tear up, but failed. She's trying her ultra mega best not to get easily get by Seulgi but she can't do it. She really loved her wife to the point that she was just one sorry after the other and could accept her with all her heart.

Irene used to be a woman of her words, but above all, Seulgi is an exception. She really loved the monolidded woman.

Seulgi stood up as she wiped her eyes with her fingers.

"I'm sorry again for what I did to you, Hyun. I was the one supposed to protect you, yet I'm the one who hurts you. I'm sorry and thank you for giving me the twins and him." Seulgi dramatically speech.

Irene slaps her.

"That's for kissing other girl." and she punched Seulgi's stomach. "That's for being dramatic, you ugly!" she added.

Seulgi just laughed at Irene and gladly accepting the slaps and punches.

They were embracing each other when Sooyoung interrupted her parents' moment.

"Mommy, Yeri said she wants to poop!" she shouts.

SMEnt new gg: GIRLS ON TOP!
we will witness the overflowing vocals, visuals, and talents of this supergroup!