Part 5

"Report!"

"The subjugation of the variant beast has been completed!"

The exhausted man with a scowl on his face is reading the report about casualties on his soldiers after fighting and losing to the variant bear that suddenly appeared near the City. It doesn't seem like he has heard the verbal report at all.

Seeing that the man does not react, knowing that he probably is not listening, the person by the man's side casts aside his surprise to receive such a report by an equally shocked soldier who delivers that report to put his hand on the paper the exhausted man is reading.

This trick does distract the man from his thoughts.

Pulling the paper away from his deputy's hand, the mayor of the city mutters, "It's not the time to play around," in a grave tone

"You are right," the deputy replies, knowing his boss is finally listening to them, "It's time to rest now. However, we have an urgent matter to take care of before we can take a break,"

The mayor raises his head to look at his deputy, fearing worst-case scenarios, only to turn his head at his deputy's instruction. Like this, the mayor finally notices the extra person in his office.

Dutifully, the soldier repeats, "Report! The subjugation of the variant beast has been completed!"

After a moment of pleasant surprise by this good news, the mayor then becomes furious. Standing up from his seat, slamming his hands on the table, the mayor roars, "Who disobeyed my order and went subjugating the variant beast by themselves?!"

"No 1, Sir!" the soldier immediately replies, "A Knight of Her Majesty the Queen did it, Sir!"

This catches both the mayor and his deputy off guard. A Knight of the Queen?

Slumping down on his chair, the mayor groans as he rubs his eyes, "It's becoming troublesome,"

The soldier has no idea why it's becoming troublesome after knowing the Knight of Her Majesty the Queen solves their trouble for them. The deputy knows why the mayor says that. However, the reason doesn't need to be known and spread, so the deputy sends the soldier out, "Inform the comrades in the hospital, let them know that the City is safe now,"

"Yes, Sir!" after saluting, the soldier leaves and rushes out to spread this joyful news

The mayor knows he has made a blunder, so he tells his deputy, "Thanks,"

"The Queen is actually not a bad person," the deputy responds with this

"I know," the mayor groans again, "She– Her Majesty is just too strict at times,"

Although not particularly close, both the mayor and the deputy had met with Her Majesty the Queen when she was still a Crown Princess. More or less, they know how she will react after receiving the report from her Knight. It's more work for them to do.

"Let's go thank the Knight," the mayor stares at the stacks of paperwork and decides, "I also want to ask for tips on training the city guards,"

"I wonder what mission the Knight has to be passing by our City," the deputy muses, agreeing silently on leaving the paperwork behind as he follows his boss to the guest house prepared for such occasions, "Is he on the way back to the Capital?"

"I will try to inquire," the mayor says, but both of them know it is not a promise

~~~

1 really can't compare a Village or a Town to a City. If the treatment in the City is this great, Flos is a little eager to receive great care in the Capital as Her Majesty the Queen's esteemed guest.