Part 17

Usually, after a full day off, Flos has a lot of things to do. Now though, after a full day off, Flos is still as leisurely as before. Thinking about it, Flos grabs Rhythm to stop him from running off, just in case.

"Shall we tour the Castle?" Flos suggests, ignoring Rhythm's attempts to break free

Thinking that Flos is up to no good, Rhythm slackens his futile attempts to look at his childhood friend in surprise, "What's the occasion?"

"Site survey before work," is Flos's succinct reply

"Oh," Rhythm is not interested, "Done that yesterday,"

With nothing to do and no summon to talk about the contact, Rhythm has indeed toured the Castle ground by himself. Since Flos's suggestion does not appeal to him, Rhythm is thinking about being idle today. In this state of unemployment, Rhythm wants to relish it before starting the big project.

Flos releases Rhythm then, letting him free to do what he wants, which is not a thing. Pondering by herself, there is nothing to prepare to detoxify Her Majesty the Queen, Flos also has nothing to do.

"Let's go out of the Castle?" Flos abruptly says to her childhood friend who is lying on the other sofa

"Can we do that?" turning his body, with a hand propping his head, Rhythm looks at Flos whilst still lying down on the sofa, "Won't they stop us?"

"We are not here as prisoners, but guests," Flos shrugs as she doesn't know whether the King has given the order to retain them

"But, how are we going out?" Rhythm doesn't think Flos's suggestion is feasible, "We will need a carriage and an escort right? Otherwise, what if we can't get in after going out?" it will be troublesome, their belongings are still in here, including the giant vase they should have given to Her Majesty the Queen

To suddenly arrange a carriage and an escort like this might have bothered some people too. Flos frowns, feeling a little down that her ideas are all rejected.

"Shouldn't you think about how to treat Her Majesty?" seeing Flos becoming upset, Rhythm casually suggests something for her to fuss on

"May-Day will treat Her Majesty," Flos replies absentmindedly

"How?" Rhythm has known Flos for a long time, including the abrupt appearance of May-Day 1 day, from out of nowhere. Although he has known them for so long, there are still things about them that he doesn't know. Rhythm also doesn't want to find out, because Flos might use him to research the versatility of those harmless-looking white pom-poms.

Seeing Flos glancing at him, Rhythm quickly sits up and raises his hands high, "I don't want to know!"

Flos takes her eyes back from her childhood friend, understanding why he is so nervous. Anyway, Flos doesn't plan on letting Rhythm know about May-Day's way of detoxifying Her Majesty the Queen. When treating Her Majesty, Flos will hold on to a rule of no witness, except His Majesty the King, perhaps, since he most probably won't agree to leave the Queen's side.

The contract... Aside from their side, maybe Flos will ask Her Majesty to write a statement of not holding her accountable for this treatment too? As a bonus, Flos will help identify the cause of the Queen's poisoning? Maybe also help find the source of the poison?

By now, May-Day have finally stopped blowing bubbles. Rhythm stares at the pair of white pom-poms who look like normal hair tie before finally turning his gaze away, inwardly thinking whether he should try feeding that variant of dandelion flowers other things to see how they will react in turn.

To Rhythm, it is unexpected for this pair of flowers to eat soap. There is no way Flos fed them the soap, she is particular about their diets, so it should be this pair of flowers who sneakily ate the soap when Flos wasn't looking.