Part 54

After a good breakfast, bath, and nap, Flos feels refreshed.

There's still time to prepare Scale's lunch, so Flos decides to go with a fulfilling menu, which is a lunch filled with meat. How about sticky ginger soy glazed chicken? Let's also add coconut shrimp, herb-and-mustard sirloin with baked potatoes, plus pork and asparagus stir-fry. Just thinking about the menus has Flos desiring lunchtime to arrive as soon as possible.

Even though nothing has been prepared yet.

Leaving her companions behind in the room to sunbathe, Flos makes her way through Scale's mansion to go to the kitchen to prepare lunch. There's nobody in Scale's house, no servants to be seen. But the building is pretty clean and tidy. If Flos is not mistaken, Scale said something about a butler who takes care of the house, right?

When they arrived early in the morning, the breakfasts were already prepared and served in the dining room. Average didn't seem surprised with the meticulous preparation of bathhouses and bedrooms for 3 of them too.

What kind of person is that butler? Why is he behaving so mysteriously?

Enter the kitchen, and as expected, there's nobody there. Then when or where will that butler prepare the lunch for his other 2 guests? For Flos, she will prepare her share with Scale's. It's okay to use the ingredients here, isn't it?

Without further ado, Flos starts preparing the lunch for 2.

Flos doesn't check the time as she cooks, and sometime later, Rhythm and Average show up in the kitchen. Rhythm is here because he knows Flos will be here. Average is here, following Rhythm in looking for Flos, because he wants to tell Flos and Rhythm he will be going out of the Castle soon, back to his home.

Seeing the dishes that Flos has prepared on the table, waiting to be packed up, Average is amazed. So is Rhythm, but he knows better than to not trust the taste of Flos's hand-cook meals just from the sight and smell.

That doesn't stop him from tasting the dishes though. Putting aside the look Flos is giving him, Rhythm has to sigh, "Still the same as usual, Flos,"

"I didn't make it for you," Flos rolls her eyes at Rhythm, grabbing a knife to point at her childhood friend, "You want this or Picky Eater?"

"Neither," Rhythm immediately backs off, to hide behind Average in caution

Flos turns back to cooking, so Rhythm steps out and takes a plate to put the dishes on them, smiling at Average as he hands over the plate of dishes, without consulting Flos on his behaviour, "Have a try,"

Average looks hesitant at Flos's back, not daring to take the plate from Rhythm. Flos, knowing Rhythm wants to know Doctor Aver's opinion from the sound of it, speaks without turning around, "Try it,"

"Thank you," Average carefully grabs the plate and the spoon Rhythm hands over to taste the small portions of the dishes. Average doesn't say anything whilst eating. After finishing everything on the plate without changing his expression, Average puts down the plate.

By then, Flos has finished cooking the last dish. Rhythm also takes a small portion of this dish for Average to taste. Flos focuses on packing the dishes into the lunchboxes, not caring about Rhythm's behaviour. It's just a spoonful of the dishes, no problem.

"What do you think?" after Average has finished tasting, Rhythm quickly asks the man, anticipating his reaction, "How's the taste?"

"The flavour is not too strong," Average looks at the dishes Flos is packing, wanting to eat more. Before Rhythm cheers to have another person with the same opinion as him in this Capital City, Average praises Flos, "But they are very good. I like it,"